I need a new shooting glove...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need a new shooting glove...

When I purchased my bow it came with a glove from "Alaska Bowhunting Supply". I've just about worn the fingers out and it's time for a new one. I don't have a place locally to try out new ones so I'm gonna order one from 3 rivers. Anybody have a good recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I shot with a glove I got one from Kustom King Archery. it was the elk skin one. Best glove I ever had, still got it too! But now I shoot a tab

Comment

Buy a Bearpaw. I just bought one for $24 and it beats every other glove that I have ever owned by a mile.

Comment

I use the DuraGlove from 3Rivers. Big fan - little to no break in time and they really last. My normal glove size is large but I like a shooting glove snug so I go with the medium

Comment

I have a Bearpaw from KustomKing. I like it pretty well. My hand size is in between medium and large. I'm going to order a medium to see if I can shoot a tighter glove. However the one I'm shooting doesn't seem to show any signs of creasing, protects my fingers well and reasonably priced.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

BearPaw

Comment

I like hunting and shooting in full coverage gloves. Elk skin work gloves bought from local fencing supplier are my go to gloves. Im looking to pad the shooting fingers of the inside of some nitrile coated gloves...duct tape seems temporarily adequate. I can descent nitrile gloves but having a heck of a time descenting the elk gloves. Id pay handsomely for a full shooting glove made of cordura or some similar synthetic textile.

Comment

Thanks for the help fellas

Comment

I'm a Bear paw Fan as well. I wore out a cordovan Glove after one year, and had been fighting some sores WAY before that.

Comment

Fred Eichler cordovan leather tab over Mechanix glove. Great combination for protection and a smooth release. Shot three-finger elk glove before, but it was tearing up my index finger. Probably form more than anything though.

You owe it to yourself to at least try a tab. They are cheap, last long, and allow a better release. I bet you won't go back to a glove.

Comment

Buy a Duraglove. They last forever. I have 2. The first one still has the fingers in it. I just wore out the leather around them.

Comment

I use a mechanics glove with a tab. Slick release and a little more padding.

Comment

Originally posted by twillgo View Post
                          Fred Eichler cordovan leather tab over Mechanix glove. Great combination for protection and a smooth release. Shot three-finger elk glove before, but it was tearing up my index finger. Probably form more than anything though.

You owe it to yourself to at least try a tab. They are cheap, last long, and allow a better release. I bet you won't go back to a glove.

Yep, as soon as I committed to a tab my confidence and performance increased significantly

Comment

Well, looks like there are so many nice brands out there and economic options too. Difficult to decide for a nice glove.

Comment

I'm in the I used to use a glove but now wont go hunting without 2 tabs minimum crowd.

I was stubborn about it and surprised myself with how quickly my "preference " changed.

Comment

Working...
                              X