Russia - anyone else tired of hearing it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LWC View Post
    I'm not sure why most everyone has to be so defensive. Let's all be objective and keep a close eye on the administration. Just because you support a politician does not mean you have to support their every move. I'm not in love with Trump but I do like a lot of things he has been doing. I don't like that he has had very strong words for China (our other biggest threat) and he seems to be kissing Putin's ring. This is just very strange to me and something seems out of place. It almost seems like he can't say anything negative about Russia. You could say that is smart but he almost acts the opposite China? He speaks very strongly towards China, Mexico, the middle east, Europe, etc...
    I apologize if I am coming off as defensive. I certainly do not mean to. I just really enjoy discussion on topics like this. It is how you learn. It is just my opinion that this is a non story being pushed to discredit. The evidence (or lack there of) supports that. As to your points about how he treats other countries, you are correct. He does seem to voice his opinions on some countries very strongly unlike Russia.

1.We do not lose industry to Russia like we do with China

2.We do not have an illegal immigration problem with Russia like we do with Mexico.

3.Russia is not pumping out refugees who may or may not be who they say they are to us and the rest of the west from an area that is ripe with turmoil and religious fanaticism like the Middle East. There also isn't a giant death brigade marching across Russia slaughtering people whole sale like there is in the Middle East.

4.The EU is a failing globalist experiment who tries to push there "superior" globalist experiment values on us. They also send us the same refugees as above. Mean while it is those very values that are causing them to fail. Trump calls out the hypocrisy there.

He ran his entire campaign on putting America and Americans first. Everything listed above either has a very real economic effect, is a DIRECT security threat, or both for the individual American family.

I really think the Russia thing to Trump is just a "huh, so what it's Russia" type thing. Could that be a mistake? Absolutely

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
      Name one tangible thing he's done for Russia or Putin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      I didn't say he did anything for Russia or Putin. I just think all the public praise of an ex-KGB and current president/known killer of journalists who disagree with him.....is very strange. He speaks more highly of Putin than anyone I can think of (besides his children.....and not all of them). He called good Americans that he was running against every name in the book. He also spoke very poorly of their wives and families. Yet he slobbers all over Putin? If you don't see that as strange, then I question your objectivity.
      Last edited by LWC; 03-03-2017, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Kissing his ring? Do elaborate.

Maybe he's talking about the Super Bowl ring Putin took from Robert Kraft

Comment

I didn't say he did anything for Russia or Putin. I just think all the public praise of an ex-KBG and current president/known killer of journalists who disagree with him.....is very strange. He speaks more highly of Putin than anyone I can think of (besides his children.....and not all of them). He called good Americans that he was running against every name in the book. He also spoke very poorly of their wives and families. Yet he slobbers all over Putin? If you don't see that as strange, then I question your objectivity.

Thanks for bringing reasoning and logic to the discussion.

I find it strange indeed. He seems to have some kind of a bromance with Putin. What is the reason for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            I apologize if I am coming off as defensive. I certainly do not mean to. I just really enjoy discussion on topics like this. It is how you learn. It is just my opinion that this is a non story being pushed to discredit. The evidence (or lack there of) supports that. As to your points about how he treats other countries, you are correct. He does seem to voice his opinions on some countries very strongly unlike Russia.

1.We do not lose industry to Russia like we do with China

2.We do not have an illegal immigration problem with Russia like we do with Mexico.

3.Russia is not pumping out refugees who may or may not be who they say they are to us and the rest of the west from an area that is ripe with turmoil and religious fanaticism like the Middle East. There also isn't a giant death brigade marching across Russia slaughtering people whole sale like there is in the Middle East.

4.The EU is a failing globalist experiment who tries to push there "superior" globalist experiment values on us. They also send us the same refugees as above. Mean while it is those very values that are causing them to fail. Trump calls out the hypocrisy there.

He ran his entire campaign on putting America and Americans first. Everything listed above either has a very real economic effect, is a DIRECT security threat, or both for the individual American family.

I really think the Russia thing to Trump is just a "huh, so what it's Russia" type thing. Could that be a mistake? Absolutely
            I hope that is the case. I hope Russia is not holding something over Trump's head to get him to do what is good for Russia that could be bad for us. But I think we should be objective and not just defend all of his actions because we are conservative and everyone else is a dumb lib. Trump is human and can do good things for the country and have other issues too.

Comment

I didn't say he did anything for Russia or Putin. I just think all the public praise of an ex-KGB and current president/known killer of journalists who disagree with him.....is very strange. He speaks more highly of Putin than anyone I can think of (besides his children.....and not all of them). He called good Americans that he was running against every name in the book. He also spoke very poorly of their wives and families. Yet he slobbers all over Putin? If you don't see that as strange, then I question your objectivity.

So if we agree that Trump has done nothing for Russia or Putin wouldn't it be truly objective to give the guy who's only been in the White House a month the benefit of the doubt?

Comment

Originally posted by XBowHunter View Post
                Thanks for bringing reasoning and logic to the discussion.

I find it strange indeed. He seems to have some kind of a bromance with Putin. What is the reason for that?
                " bromance" could very well be a keep your enemies close type thing.
                Many folks called Hitler a great leader the other day because of how he was able
                To get millions of people to follow his evil ideology.
                I believe Trump says Putin is a leader for these same reasons. Thats not condoning Putins actions its simply a comparison to American leadership at the time.....which was a lack there of with obama. Trump compared Putin to obama and voiced his opinion of who was an actual leader.
                Since i have ( nor does anyone else ) no evidence to suggest its anything other than this ill not worry about any fake news story witch hunt

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                    " bromance" could very well be a keep your enemies close type thing.

Many folks called Hitler a great leader the other day because of how he was able

To get millions of people to follow his evil ideology.

I believe Trump says Putin is a leader for these same reasons. Thats not condoning Putins actions its simply a comparison to American leadership at the time.....which was a lack there of with obama. Trump compared Putin to obama and voiced his opinion of who was an actual leader.

Since i have ( nor does anyone else ) no evidence to suggest its anything other than this ill not worry about any fake news story witch hunt

Keep your head in the sand, there's too many Russian coincidences for me.

We need an independent investigation.

Of course all Trump has to do to convince Americans he's not financially in bed with Russia is show us his tax returns

Comment

Maybe that birther karma is coming back to bite Trump, lol

Comment

Keep your head in the sand, there's too many Russian coincidences for me.

We need an independent investigation.

Of course all Trump has to do to convince Americans he's not financially in bed with Russia is show us his tax returns

You believe there is such a thing as an independent investigation in Washington?

Comment

My head is not in the sand, but you certainly have yours up the dem party a**.
                          Every single point you try to make comes right off the dem play book which is perpetuated by every main stream media outlet.
                          Your so ill informed that you dont realize a democrat started the whole birther movement.
                          There is more proof th dems are and have been in bed with the russians for 50 years. But you dont care about that truth, you want an American president strung up for coincidence ( non existent)
                          Last edited by flywise; 03-03-2017, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            My head is not in the sand, but you certainly have yours up the dem party a**.
                            Every single point you try to make comes right off the dem play book which is perpetuated by every main stream media outlet.
                            Your so ill informed that you dont realize a democrat started the whole birther movement.
                            There is more proof th dems are and have been in bed with the russians for 50 years. But you dont care about that truth, you want an American president strung up for coincidence ( non existent)

Trump needs to be investigated

Comment

You believe there is such a thing as an independent investigation in Washington?

not sure how effective it will be, but we sure can't leave it up to the Republicans to investigate themselves

Comment

Trump needs to be investigated
                                Pure stupidity

Comment

Working...
                                X