Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
    Don't see why you couldn't make one in a AR-10 platform

You can do a 22-250 in an AR10. There's one posted in the thread. Don't see why you would want to for the little gain in performance over the 22 Nosler though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
      Don't see why you couldn't make one in a AR-10 platform
      You could BUT they're not near as light and handy

Comment

Midway USA is already selling complete uppers in this caliber for $450.
        Also they have the 55 grain and 77 grain nosler ammo on there for $28 and $24 a box, respectively.
        That's really not too expensive per box compared to higher end .223 varmint ammo. I might actually consider building one for varmints and maybe even some light deer hunting for youth.

Comment

22 nosler

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I'm not sure I agree with that. I would be interested to know what barrel length they used to get those velocities. I would think since it is specifically designed for an AR 15 they would've used 20 to 22 inch barrels. If that's the case, to get 3500 ft./s with a 55 grain bullet out of a 20 inch barrel, puts it right in the ballpark of the 22– 250 without having to go to a big, heavy clunky AR10 rifle.

Personally if I'm going to have to deal with the extra size and weight of an AR10 rifle, it's not going to be a 22 caliber of any kind.

The Nosler post on Instagram said 55g bullet out of 18" barrel.

Last edited by bboswell; 01-17-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

I wish they'd do this but with a 6mm bullet on it. Like the 6x45 only faster. And with nosler pushing it it could become pretty popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like that neck up to a 6mm with a 1/8 twist. Little more punch for deer.

Comment

22 nosler

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

Nosler is about 5 yrs to late to the "AR new cartridge platform" party

gonna be an epic failure just like many of the WSSM / WSM cartridges

Yeah I read about it. I love the other Noslers but I'm thinking this is a flop. That and there's something about Nosler and AR being used in the same sentence that just doesn't sound right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                  Yeah I read about it. I love the other Noslers but I'm thinking this is a flop. That and there's something about Nosler and AR being used in the same sentence that just doesn't sound right.

I dig it. Near 22-250 performance in an AR15 platform. What's not to like?

I will have one.

Comment

The 77gr bullet going 3000 fps out of an AR is pretty impressive. Might have to pick one of these up

Comment

Everyone will jump on this paying $1+ / round of scarce ammo versus $0.30 / round that is still substandard compared to a .22-250 and not a significant gain over the .223 loads. Appears a 5.56mm is what they are trying to compete with and 5.56mm is cheap!!!

Comment

Here y'all go. Looks like a sweet round but I'll just stick with my .204 for now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post
                          Everyone will jump on this paying $1+ / round of scarce ammo versus $0.30 / round that is still substandard compared to a .22-250 and not a significant gain over the .223 loads. Appears a 5.56mm is what they are trying to compete with and 5.56mm is cheap!!!

Not a significant gain over 5.56? 300fps is pretty substantial.

Quite a bit more energy down range and considerably flatter trajectory.

Comment

Originally posted by Boomerang View Post

100fps slower: substandard

300fps faster: not a significant gain

Comment

I think a 60gr Partition/64gr bonded at ~3200 would be a wicked deer/pig round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                I dig it. Near 22-250 performance in an AR15 platform. What's not to like?

I will have one.

For me I don't like AR's. [emoji13]

Comment

Working...
                                X