New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to 10X10 today...

and today is my favorite WOD of the 5 in the series. Kettle bell swings, pushups, goblet squats, bicep curl, dumbbell kickbacks. All done as a circuit. I hit my stride at round 3 and it lasted until round 8. I was sucking wind in rounds 9 and 10. I use very little rest between rounds, keeping my heart rate up and the sweat pouring! I changed it up a little for this morning. First 5 sets of triceps were kickbacks, the last 5 were 5 tricep pushdowns immediately followed by pronated grip tricep pushdowns. The GF has a Fitbit and it showed she burned 994 calories this AM.

I told her she needs to put in more effort.

Comment

X stretch Saturday, off Sunday. Today was chest and triceps. Elbow seems to be getting stronger, instead of worse like I was anticipating.

Comment

Chest and triceps on Friday. I went light weight and high reps. Changed it up a little. Got in a back and shoulders workout this am. I'm getting there. On my 6th week back but I still have not started back to my cardio jumping rope. Once I start that the weight will start to fall off!

Comment

Back and legs today. Bent over rows, pullups, low rows, weighted intermediate grip pullups, leg press, leg extensions, walking weighted lunges. All heavy weight, near max and 5X5. Abs too. Tomorrow back to 10X10

Comment

Off day today but did play golf. Finally got back in the 70s. YeeHaw! Going to workout the next two days and then play golf again of Friday. Leaving Saturday morning for Pebble Beach. Going to play Spanish Bay, Spy Glass and Pebble.

Comment

Missed out today. Had to pick up oldest son unexpectedly and trying to find a gas leak. Just have to push it back a day and miss out on a weekend off day.

Comment

10x10...

kicked my booty today. Dumbbell bench press, bent over dumbbell rows, dumbbell squats, plank, and hip thrusters on a ball. But that wasn't enough for me. Threw in incline situps, leg raises and cable rotations as well. The worst part about it is I lost count! I think I actually did 11 rounds.

Tomorrow is heavy 5X5 shoulders, hammies, calves and abs.

Comment

Pretty cool thread! I finally got off my rear this year and have started getting back into shape. Have dropped about 20lbs since the beginning of the year. Have about 30 more to go. I've done this all before, so I a have been mixing it up in order to not plateau or sacrifice too much muscle as I go. Cut calories, add low cardio to get going the first month... transition into weights and cardio intervals in the second month. Instead of just jumping into P90X (I have done it before) I am just hitting the gym and doing full body lifting 2-3x a week in order to get the "newbie gains" out of the way and increase strength so I can get through the more intense stuff that is to come. Goal is to be near ideal weight by June and transitioned into non-deficit nutrition and some sort of maintainable cardio & strength program. I just need to find that "program." That activity that I can do that doesn't eat a lot of time, and doesn't apply a great deal of fluctuations on my food intake. (I used to race bikes, I got down to 5% body fat, I had incredible cardio capacity... but when you stop, it can be hard to not put weight back on.)

Comment

Welcome back! Git u sum!

Comment

Back, triceps and calves today. Shoulder is still flaring up. Im hoping the 8-9 days off for vacation give enough time to totally heal.

Comment

Leg day!

Comment

Arms!!! ....... DTP style. This will be my last arm day before my south Texas hunt, and upon return I will go into super cutting mode.

Today was 10 sets supersetted:

Alternating dumbbell curl / barbell skull crushers
                          Reps:50,40,30,20,10,10,20,30,40,50-all to fail using rest pause method
                          That's 300 reps of each!........ my arms hurt

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            Arms!!! ....... DTP style. This will be my last arm day before my south Texas hunt, and upon return I will go into super cutting mode.

Reading that makes my arms hurt!

Comment

That's what I'm talking about!!!

Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post

I haven't done that in awhile! You know its been a good arm day when you can't lift your arms! I may have to go back to that tomorrow.

Today was shoulders and hammies. Heavy 5X5 for deadlifts, prone leg curls, calf raises, alternating dumbbell should presses, lateral raises, rear delt cable pulls, prone barbell front raises. Incline situps, hanging leg raises.

Back to a 10X10 tomorrow and will probably be back in the gym on Saturday. I'm leaving Monday for Terlingua/Big Bend/deer lease for a week. Hiking and filling feeders will be my active recovery for the week.

Comment

Skipped yesterday..First rest in 2 weeks.So I'm doublin' it today!lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X