Perhaps the pendulum is just beginning to swing back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps the pendulum is just beginning to swing back

Saw this on Eric Weinstein’s twitter. It isn’t a huge sign or the end of the rainbow, but it is an indicator.

First the angry hardcore right wing Tea Party cost the Republicans power and created a natural shift to the left for the independents and those caught in the middle. Then the left wing ran with that momentum but went absolutely horse nuts crazy, and it cost them an election. I think we might still be one or two presidential elections away but my hope is that the country has seen each side’s version of crazy and is more attracted to the reasonable middle AND that the crazies on each side will have run their course and won’t command the same attention they have recently.

Im not sure how the Tea Party is considered crazy.

There were not violent protests, no firebombs, no windows busted out, no cars caught on fire, no tent camps and rapes, etc etc.

All the Tea Party demanded was fiscal responsibility - CRAZY.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post

There were not violent protests, no firebombs, no windows busted out, no cars caught on fire, no tent camps and rapes, etc etc.

Yeah, the Tea Party was a prime example of what how easily the media can smear you.

Comment

IMO the Tea Party HELPED get all the republicans elected. During their height that is when we picked up so many seats and governorship's not to mention local seats. The media did smear them but that didn't make what they said true. As matter facts its not my opinion its fact lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddox View Post

Crazy, probably not a good word choice, certainly not when compared to the left’s version. Maybe, polarizing or divisive would be a better choice. The effect is the same though. They split the Repub vote, showed the middle and left a version of Republican that many had not previously seen, and helped Obama get elected in the same way the left’s arrogance helped get Trump elected.

That’s more my point. Each side’s fringe has taken its shot at angry, divisive, and authoritarian. Hopefully the bulk of the country that’s in the middle will grow tired of it and not allow it to continue.

...and there was plenty more to the Tea Party’s message back then than just fiscal responsibility.

Comment

Man I guess I missed it. Tea Party controversy was completely contrived by the media and left wing. I never saw anything polarizing, divisive or over the top except by the fake outrage. Split the repub vote? Again maybe I'm missing something but sure seems like we kicked dem's arses up and down and every which way. Sad thing is that some of those repubs turned out to be rhino's. I'm just not seeing it. I digress.

Comment

Crazy doesn't describe the lefties, unhinged lunatics does.
              We are all a little crazy in some fashion. I'm crazy over hunting and knife making and afternoon naps and a good steak at Texas Roadhouse
              Last edited by muzzlebrake; 07-19-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Crazy, probably not a good word choice, certainly not when compared to the left’s version. Maybe, polarizing or divisive would be a better choice. The effect is the same though. They split the Repub vote, showed the middle and left a version of Republican that many had not previously seen, and helped Obama get elected in the same way the left’s arrogance helped get Trump elected.

That’s more my point. Each side’s fringe has taken its shot at angry, divisive, and authoritarian. Hopefully the bulk of the country that’s in the middle will grow tired of it and not allow it to continue.

...and there was plenty more to the Tea Party’s message back then than just fiscal responsibility.
                And you're still wrong. Or woefully misinformed.

Comment

In a new book by Jonathan Alter, The Promise: President Obama, Year One, Mr. Obama is quoted as saying that House Republicans' unanimous vote against the stimulus package "helped to create the tea-baggers and empowered that whole wing of the Republican Party to where it now controls the agenda for the Republicans."

Remember when Barry called them tea baggers in his book?

I guess calling people you dont agree with derogatory names really isnt a way to move the ball forward, for anybody. Glad that Barry realizes that now, as his legacy is slowing fading away.

Comment

The thing about pendulums is they tend to swing more widely before they come closer to balance/center.

The assertion that Tea Party wasn’t vile or violent is correct, they were painted as such. But they were considered obstructionists, and rightfully so, to stop spending money or for “social tea partners” to stop societies social mess requires NO!

That was the 1st moment swing right, but it swung back left 2 years later. It grew with vigor and was emboldened when your see rioting go unchecked in places like Ferguson and Baltimore. The pendulum swinging right has “alt right” groups who aren’t opposed to violent solutions.

All of this to say, I’m afraid it gets worse before better.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      It grew with vigor and was emboldened when your see rioting go unchecked in places like Ferguson and Baltimore. The pendulum swinging right has “alt right” groups who aren’t opposed to violent solutions.
                      USA Today reported on the 12th, “The surge of shootings and killings that followed has left Baltimore easily the deadliest large city in the United States. Its murder rate reached an all-time high last year; 342 people were killed. The number of shootings in some neighborhoods has more than tripled. One man was shot to death steps from a police station. Another was killed driving in a funeral procession.”

In regards to the OP. I dont think we would have had Obama, without Bush. And I dont think we would have Trump, without Obama.

But hey, at least the Baltimore cops got acquitted and the prosecutor, Marilyn Morsby, is now being charged. I guess that gives you street cred in Baltimore though, because they just reelected her

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                        USA Today reported on the 12th, “The surge of shootings and killings that followed has left Baltimore easily the deadliest large city in the United States. Its murder rate reached an all-time high last year; 342 people were killed. The number of shootings in some neighborhoods has more than tripled. One man was shot to death steps from a police station. Another was killed driving in a funeral procession.”

In regards to the OP. I dont think we would have had Obama, without Bush. And I dont think we would have Trump, without Obama.

But hey, at least the Baltimore cops got acquitted and the prosecutor, Marilyn Morsby, is now being charged. I guess that gives you street cred in Baltimore though, because they just reelected her
                        And there are ongoing consequences to these cities choices. I believe its the University of Baltimore who is at a over 10 year low in enrollment and struggling to survive becouse parents are not sending there kids into that crumbling hell hole.

Comment

[QUOTE=txpitdog;13494764]Saw this on Eric Weinstein’s twitter. It isn’t a huge sign or the end of the rainbow, but it is an indicator.

First the angry hardcore right wing Tea Party cost the Republicans power and created a natural shift to the left for the independents and those caught in the middle.

I'm not sure where you get your information but you might want to consider seeking an honest source because your description of the Tea Party is complete false.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

my hope is that the country has seen each side’s version of crazy and is more attracted to the reasonable middle AND that the crazies on each side will have run their course and won’t command the same attention they have recently.
                            Gonna be interesting to see how the next 10 years develop.
                            Each side’s fringe has taken its shot at angry, divisive, and authoritarian. Hopefully the bulk of the country that’s in the middle will grow tired of it and not allow it to continue.

I am hopeful also. Yes, the Tea Party got hijacked to a certain extent just like any other movement throughout our modern era. I can agree the primary message definitely appeared to slide away from the fiscal issues ! I definitely supported the first rendition of the Tea Party movement the fuse was first lit for smaller government, fiscal sanity, & welfare reform! It was shameful how every candidate stuck an R behind their name and got elected. Yep, the political game was on!
                            Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            The thing about pendulums is they tend to swing more widely before they come closer to balance/center.
                            All of this to say, I’m afraid it gets worse before better.
                            Truth!, it will be interesting to see how far the arc bends before it comes back to the "new" center. I believe it will definitely be right of center which is a good spot to keep our nation relevant!
                            Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                            I dont think we would have had Obama, without Bush. And I dont think we would have Trump, without Obama.
                            Now that is a statement that is difficult to debate!
                            Last edited by Landrover; 07-20-2018, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X