$5 bill - Silver Certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$5 bill - Silver Certificate

Found one today. Is it worth any more than $5?

Trailboss

did you 'find' it in circulation, used shape ?

Comment

Usually yes they are, according to condition. Usually somewhere between $20 up to 0ver $1000 according to condition and date.

Comment

I'd like to have one. No idea on value but I'll give ya $20 for it?

Comment

get it check out t.b you might have a sweet one? $$$$ wish you the best

Comment

$5 and $10 Silver Certificates, 1934 and 1953
            As with most $1 Silver Certificates, most circulated $5 and $10 Silver Certificates only carry a small premium over face value, ranging from 10% to 30%. Uncirculated $5 and $10 Silver Certificates carry a larger premium, depending on the issue and the grade. There are several significantly scarcer and even rare varieties in these series, however, including the 1933 $10 Silver Certificate, the 1953-B $5 Silver Certificate Star Note, and others, and most Star notes from these series carry some premium (ranging from small to large) over the regular notes. Again, please refer to the Standard Guide to Small Size U.S. Paper Money (1928 to date), by Dean Oakes and John Schwartz, for more information.

Comment

This one is a 1953A - it was circulated but in pretty good condition. Found it in an old purse of my mother's.

Trailboss

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                This one is a 1953A - it was circulated but in pretty good condition. Found it in an old purse of my mother's.

Trailboss
                If you send me a front and back picture one of the doctors in the history department out at school is big into silver and gold standard coins and money and I can get you a value. She looked at some old money I had and gave me some values.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post

Trailboss
                  Here's what others are selling them for, depending on condition.

Comment

Guess you don't wanna get rid of it?

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                      Guess you don't wanna get rid of it?
                      Guess I'll hang onto it a while. Thanks for the offer though.

Trailboss

Comment

Trophy8 pm sent

Comment

I have 3 $5's and 3 $1's and was wondering too if they were worth anything more than face value

Comment

I have a few of them including a $100 Silver Certificate. Been holding on to them for a while now. Should probably get them valued to see what I actually have...

Comment

Working...
                            X