Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hix View Post
    Got on em again at the same spot. 2 man limit by 10:45. Bite started slow but they were good sized for most part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that's nice!!! Good job!!

Comment

I guess it is about time I get back out there and try to figure them out again. Shooting docks got my oldest son back interested in fishing again last spring. We did pretty good March-mid June but after that I couldn’t catch them.

I did learn that to stay focused I have to take my regular rods out of the boat and only take fairy wands and egg beater reels or I will revert back to my roots fairly quickly!

Comment

Headed back for round 3, running late and riding solo today. Gonna try a different spot this morning.

Comment

Lake Belton Crappie

I haven't kept up on this post like I should have but went back and caught up. Will start posting more often because I love to crappie fish and look at other folks fishing success. These have all been in the last week. Most in the Cedar Ridge area and North to the 36 bridge.

These are all different days-nights catch. The last picture was 2-3 day and evening.

Can someone explain how to do picture then text, picture then text?
          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Way to go red-fin!

They were small today mostly but i got a limit before 11am.

Comment

Nice work fellers!

I finally got to get out. And try the new troller and graph. Love the spot-lock!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
                Last edited by Texas Grown; 02-09-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

Mixed bag today. Threw back the first five. And about 10 under sized fish. Didn't get on the water till 1pm. And took a pretty good boat ride. But finally found a pattern that worked well from 3-5PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice mess of fish TG.

Comment

Thanks Razorback. I found a huge school in 23'. But couldn't get that school to bite. They were moving around a little. Might have been something else. Also found some really large fish suspended @ 20' over 40' at another location. They might have been stripers. But didn't try for them. The troller was really struggling to hold the boat steady near there. Wind was funneling and boat was swaying 70 yards from there.

Comment

Best bite I’ve had was today. Calm foggy and crowded. Limit by 9:45

Comment

Nice ones!!

Comment

Nice work TG. Did you get an Ultrex? I have really been eyeballing them, price is all that is holding me back...and knowing I will need to upgrade graphs too if I do that. It’s crazy that a trolling motor and a pair of medium sized graphs is $6,000!

Comment

Nice work again Hix!

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                                Nice work TG. Did you get an Ultrex? I have really been eyeballing them, price is all that is holding me back...and knowing I will need to upgrade graphs too if I do that. It’s crazy that a trolling motor and a pair of medium sized graphs is $6,000!
                                I'm running 55lbs thrust. And got a Terrova. I'm trying to keep the weight down in the river jon so I can continue to carry a larger load. It's a multi-use boat. I've got another troller for duckhunting. I had gotten a Uterra once. But decided it was going to add to much weight with both the motor and one more battery. So I took it back. I do wish Minn Kota would make a 55lbs thrust Ulterra for us old men with bad backs.

Comment

Working...
                                X