Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruger Predator 6.5 Creedmoor.......gotta see this!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember around year or two ago the 6.5 grendel was getting big. But stopped hearing about itandmore about the 6.5 Creedmor. Im guessing they are practically the same

Comment

Originally posted by TXB inc. View Post
      I remember around year or two ago the 6.5 grendel was getting big. But stopped hearing about itandmore about the 6.5 Creedmor. Im guessing they are practically the same

Not even close to the same.

Comment

I've inletted the stock and polished the trigger. I'm running out of things to do until Santa brings me scope money. Should I polish the bolt and remove the machining grooves?

I'm looking at a brake before I've ever fired the first shot out of mine. I believe it's a 5/8"-24. Is that correct?

@LuBowhunter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes it's 5/8"-24.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
            I've inletted the stock and polished the trigger. I'm running out of things to do until Santa brings me scope money. Should I polish the bolt and remove the machining grooves?

I'm looking at a brake before I've ever fired the first shot out of mine. I believe it's a 5/8"-24. Is that correct?

@LuBowhunter

On the cheap- stiffen the stock with Rockite (YouTube it). Also adds some weight. Mine weighs 10.5 unloaded with the scope now. You can add a cheek riser for about 40 or so. I made my own from some kydex I had laying around.

When I did the Rockite, I also added a short piece of pic rain to the bottom of the forearm for my QD bipod.

I also polished up the bolt by simply working the fire out of it after slathering it with JB Bore compound. Goes without saying that a thorough cleaning is in order after.

Comment

Originally posted by bearintex View Post
              On the cheap- stiffen the stock with Rockite (YouTube it). Also adds some weight. Mine weighs 10.5 unloaded with the scope now. You can add a cheek riser for about 40 or so. I made my own from some kydex I had laying around.

When I did the Rockite, I also added a short piece of pic rain to the bottom of the forearm for my QD bipod.

I also polished up the bolt by simply working the fire out of it after slathering it with JB Bore compound. Goes without saying that a thorough cleaning is in order after.

I have read about a few people using Rockite. I couldn't find it but it did find Bondo Glass. I didn't prep the surface well (at all) and the little blocks came out like ice cubes while I was sanding.

I like the product because it's got fiberglass in it and it gets super hard. Not sure how to make it stick.

Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown15 View Post
                I have read about a few people using Rockite. I couldn't find it but it did find Bondo Glass. I didn't prep the surface well (at all) and the little blocks came out like ice cubes while I was sanding.

I like the product because it's got fiberglass in it and it gets super hard. Not sure how to make it stick.

Any ideas?

One thing that might help is to fill the stock a little higher than each "cubed" section so the rockite or bondo acts as one unit rather than a bunch of small square units. I used rockite and found it on amazon for about $12.

Comment

Take an 1/8" drill and punch holes through all the verticals and dimple the inside of the stock itself. The rockite is self leveling and filling. Punch the holes, level the stock in a vise then pour it in. Consistency of pancake batter. Any Ace or similar hardware store should have the rockite. Lowe's did not that I could find. I got it at Lake Hardware in Angleton.

Comment

Take an 1/8" drill and punch holes through all the verticals and dimple the inside of the stock itself. The rockite is self leveling and filling. Punch the holes, level the stock in a vise then pour it in. Consistency of pancake batter. Any Ace or similar hardware store should have the rockite. Lowe's did not that I could find. I got it at Lake Hardware in Angleton.

I thought about that but didn't do it. I will try it with the next batch.

Comment

+1 on drilling the holes so that the medium flows between each section. Forgot to mention that.

Comment

The second attempt was a success. I used my stippling tool to make a lot of ridges in the inside of the stock. It's solid now.

Pre-sanding:

Comment

I want to try one of these. Too bad it's so close to Christmas.
                          All the best,
                          Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by cajuntec View Post
                            I want to try one of these. Too bad it's so close to Christmas.
                            All the best,
                            Glenn
                            Too bad? Sounds like the perfect reason!

Comment

It looks like I'll have a factory stock for sale soon. Picked up the mdt lss. Waiting on its arrival.

Comment

Too bad? Sounds like the perfect reason!
                                It would be... but family gifts are priority. I'll buy a little later.

All the best,
                                Glenn

Comment

Working...
                                X