Clear All

Originally posted by *DW* View Post
    Bet they raise price too.
    What are ya'll paying now?

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
      What are ya'll paying now?
      Just paid $35 last week for one in FW.

Sounds like they are loosing too much revenue off drivers not getting the inspections done every 12 months. I've been guilty a time or two of not
      noticing the inspection is out and got a few "free" months. My stickers have always been quite a few months apart so I don't think about it at the time of registration.

Comment

Come on out to Sour Lake and we will get you hooked up for $14.50

Comment

14.50 in Goldthwaite.

Comment

Originally posted by perfectstorm View Post
            Come on out to Sour Lake and we will get you hooked up for $14.50
            bet yours is diesel. the higher price is gas.

works that way at my house.

well... least in Travis county anyways.

Comment

In the interim the police will now have a reason to pull you over. For either an outdated inspection or no sticker if removed.
              I guess this is their way to cut down on those that do not pay for registration or fake an inspection.

Comment

This won't make any difference to me.
                The place I use for inspections also does registration renewals.

Comment

Originally posted by mchildress View Post
                  I always get mine the next week after it expired. Its like every 12 years I get a free one.

I get a free one about every 6.

Comment

Quit ya'lls crying...I pay over $300 yearly per vehicle. We have three.

Consider yourself lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by thorshammer View Post
                      Just paid $35 last week for one in FW.

Sounds like they are loosing too much revenue off drivers not getting the inspections done every 12 months. I've been guilty a time or two of not
                      noticing the inspection is out and got a few "free" months. My stickers have always been quite a few months apart so I don't think about it at the time of registration.

$35 I have a diesel and a 2012 van. Both were $14.50 each to have inspected and tires rotated.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky.
                        What are y'all driving? Prevosts? If you can afford $300 inspection/registration on three vehicles, consider YOURSELF lucky.

Comment

Consider yourself lucky.
                          Not lucky...blessed we live in Texas!

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
                            bet yours is diesel. the higher price is gas.

works that way at my house.

well... least in Travis county anyways.
                            I work at a dealership. Its 14.50 for whatever you got regardless of fuel.

Comment

Sounds like its time to go back to antique tags on my truck.

Comment

Maybe I have the wrong information but we briefly discussed this in the new laws section of our training. I thought that there is no coinciding with the inspection and the registration. There is only the requirement that your vehicle did get inspected before you can pay for your tags. In effect, it is no different than your vehicle insurance. You might have bought a policy in June and got your registration expired in November. To pay for your new registration/tags, you have to show that your vehicle does have insurance. I think the new inspection works the same way. If your vehicle was inspected in June and it is good for a year and renewed your car registration in November, you will have proof that your vehicle is currently under inspection (having been done in June and good for a year). It is not like you have to go to an inspection station and then drive to the courthouse to get your tags.

Once a vehicle is inspected, that information is supposed to go into the state vehicle registration so that if an officer runs your tags, it will show both the registration expiration date and the inspection expiration date which may be different. There would be no need to pro-rate it. Also since the cost of the inspection is added to the registration each year, when inspected at a station you will only pay the part that is currently for the inspection station. Your out of pocket at the actual inspection will be less as the rest will be added to your tags.

On the other hand, I might have been nodding of a bit during that exciting part of the class and misunderstood what was said.

I know the question on your test was something about the registration and inspection being combined and the answer was "true".

Comment

Working...
                                X