No announcement yet.

Blind heater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I may piggyback on your thread, does anyone have one of these they want to sell ? It's a Coleman brand.
    Attached Files

Comment

I use a Mr Buddy (the medium one I guess) in my 4x6 and I have to cycle from low to just the pilot light. Usually end up in just a tee shirt at the end of a hunt. I get about 7 hours out of a bottle.

Comment

I was at Walmart in Canton tonight after work. I wanted the little buddy. There was one on the shelf and someone was looking at it.
        They seemed undecided, I asked if they wanted it, they weren’t sure. I said no problems, if you don’t want it, I’ll take it.
        They still weren’t sure. I grabbed the Portable Buddy next to it. The lady asked how they worked, i explained it and recommended they grab 2 of the 1lb bottles to go with it.
        I grabbed 2 for me and continued shopping

Comment

I'd get the little buddy. I had a big buddy in a pop up one year and even on low it would have me sweating in 40 degree weather

Comment

Well, I had bought the little one, but after reading a few of the comments I took it back and got the portable. I don't like to be cold.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

On a side note, they also warm up poptarts for the kids!!!

Comment

Tractor Supply used to carry but I have not paid attention recently

Comment

Got a big buddy and depending on wind i have one window cracked and won't lie nice warm blind with cool air hitting your face can and will knock you out for a while hah

Comment

I use the mr buddy in my double bull and keep quite toasty on low. I need to get a hose to hook to a 20lb tank. I hate when the 1lb runs out and i have to change while hunting.

Comment

I don't know about burning me out... when it's cold I layer up and can only feel my heater when I'm close to it. That being said, my stand faces the south so the cold north wind is in my face.

I don't count on it to keep me cozy but I do use it to help keep some heat in.

To me, it's all about layers.

Comment

We keep one in every stand, with a couple of spares to carry with us.

I wish they had a lower setting between low and pilot, because they will toast you after the blind gets warm

Comment

Blind heater

My buddy and I have the portable buddy heater in all four of our 6x6 blinds we hunt and that sucker will sweat you out on low with a single shooting window open. I don't see why the Little Buddy won't keep that blind toasty with the same.

Of course if you have a lot of windows open like in a rifle blind or a bow blind with multiple vertical windows, you aren't going to have as much success.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                            I have never used the little buddy heater, but the portable buddy has kept me warm in single digit weather.

This is the one I recommend....
                            This^^^^^^^^^^ mine is on right now. I'm in a 4x6 rifle blind. I have it set on low. Very comfortable and its in the 20s now

Comment

Left my tanks in the car overnight. Now it doesn't want to light.
                              Unfortunate but I did dress in layers. Just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
                                Left my tanks in the car overnight. Now it doesn't want to light.
                                Unfortunate but I did dress in layers. Just in case.
                                Warm the tanks up by rolling them in your hands for a bit. They will light up

Comment

Working...
                                X