• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won't be long now. Gregg Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gbird View Post
      The love bugs are right behind the skeeters at my place!

You ain't kidding. They were all over the place this weekend at our lease. I got a video of them covering the front of my truck but it is not letting my upload video.

Comment

Just checked cameras and feeders for first time in a couple months and boy were those mosquitos bad. Worst I have ever seen them on our place just outside of Livingston. Some how the coons got up and into my control box and ripped the timer out so I was not happy to see that but oh well season is coming up quick and I'm ready now!

Comment

Went up and did a little work Sunday. Mowed, filled feeders and set a up a couple of bow stands. Not many acorns where I looked but I am covered up in Beauty Berry, ready to get the season started.

Comment

Got the goodies now we just need some darn rain in the forecast! Got almost everything plowed last weekend, will go up again this weekend and do all of the throw and mow plots and plant the ones we plowed.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 2 Guide Gear 2 Man 16' Wrap-a-Round Ladder Tree stands brand new never used, 1 is or together, 1 is still in box, that I am wanting to trade for 2 2/3 Person ground blinds of equal or greater value. Cost on the stands was $129 plus shipping. I am in Ft Wrth. Will meet somewhere reasonably close?

Comment

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

No rubs found yet on my Splendora lease.
                Lovebugs and skeeters so thick you can't breathe through your mouth for fears of sucking one in.
                (Was trimming limbs and working up a sweat)

I took this pic to gross my wife out-

Comment

I've had a fit with cameras this off-season. The one in Splendora got stolen and the one up in Elkhart decided it only wanted to take pics for 5 days and then it quit. I have another camera out now but won't be back up there for a few weeks to check it. During those 5 days I was able to see my target buck show up every night just like he did last year. He added a point and his brows got way better. Day pic is last year and night pics are right before camera quit. Sorry for the crappy pic of a computer screen...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Pineywoods; 09-13-2017, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Yes sir Pineywoods, I'd say he grew up a bunch! Those brows are very nice, but he's just bigger all the way around! Good luck gettin' 'im!

Hope to get down to the property in the south end of the county in the next few days to see what I've got left... I changed out camera cards on my cameras behind the house... couple shooters hangin' out back there... Really pulled the cards to see how bad the water got back there and much to my surprise, it never flooded... creek got high from evidence left behind, but in the height of the storm, I had deer and that one hog at both my feeders... little water under the feeder and around, but plenty of solid ground too. Everything has pretty much returned to normal back there... Got some does with little ones coming in, but a couple barren ones too... they'll be in serious trouble in about a month... I need some meat in the freezer to go with all those veggies we got from the garden...

Comment

Charlie i was down your way yesterday. had an airboat gig up river from I10. crazy how high the water marks were up there. Im thinking some deer drown in that! I bet i saw 25 sunk boats.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        Charlie i was down your way yesterday. had an airboat gig up river from I10. crazy how high the water marks were up there. Im thinking some deer drown in that! I bet i saw 25 sunk boats.
                        Should have stopped by for some supper!

Yea I'm sure your right on losing deer in the flood. This will be the 3rd year of losing majority of fawns in the bottoms.

Comment

Some of y'all have some real nice trail cam pics! I had a decent 8 on cam last year, although of course only showing up after dark. Hoping he put on a little size this year and shows up in day light. I'll be hunting Jasper area, any tips or tricks for a newer east Texas hunter? Thanks for any help!

Comment

I wish they would they would make a few passes further North,
                            maybe just right over my lease (http://www.khou.com/news/local/air-f...unty/474390881). I am going to be putting Permethrin to the test. It has always worked well for me as a standalone, but I am planning on a hog hunt next week and may break down and bring a Thermacell too. I don't even know if I still have one.

Comment

Was able to get out today. Cut a new trail with a brush cutter attachment for my weedeater, drug in a tripod my buddy let me borrow this season and set it up and put a cover my wife bought from academy (not the right tripod but rigged it up and it should work). Did some trimming around the spot and hung up a pvc pipe feeder, first one I've made and put some hand corn out and a camera.

Going back next week to trim limbs and finish weed eating the area and mahy go ahead and till it up and wait until I see some rain in the forecast before I plant. Not a big spot maybe 1/4 acre but I did get a deer last year in this spot with nothing there at all. Can't wait for the season to get here.

Comment

In from Anderson County Slocum/Elkhart area.

Comment

Working...
                                X