No announcement yet.

6 1/2 days, then DONE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brothers, the teachers here are like convicts marking and X on the calendar for every day they've finished.
    Last edited by JP135; 05-19-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

4 1/2 days and counting. Out at 12 noon of Friday the 26th, if I survive that long!

Comment

Next FRIDAY, my wife is retiring after 32 years! She loves her kids but parents are the problem....but, she's done her job! Congrats and admiration for all the Teacher's of this world...that is until they turn Lib Tard (not all) in the college ranks, lol!

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
          Next FRIDAY, my wife is retiring after 32 years! She loves her kids but parents are the problem....but, she's done her job! Congrats and admiration for all the Teacher's of this world...that is until they turn Lib Tard (not all) in the college ranks, lol!
          Congrats to your wife for sticking it out this long. If I had stayed in the profession instead of getting out and then back in last year this would have been my 42 year to teach.

Comment

I feel for educators. I myself work for a JUCO. I have a 10 yo son playing Little league. I manage the team and it is made up of 8 9 and 10yos. I swear it seemed there was not a week that one of the kids was taking some stupid standardized test. This crap has to stop. Kids can't read and write anymore because they are just prepping.for these tests all the time. Then if a student does poorly it's the teachers fault.

Comment

Let's just call it as this and agree to disagree.

Comment

My wife is ready for the break. I'm not a teacher (they would lock me up for beating a kid my first day)! Lol, but seriously! I go on field trips and stuff with our boys a couple times a year. Went yesterday, I appreciate what y'all do, but don't envy you. I went on a field trip yesterday, I and the teachers were telling these kids "Time to get on the bus! You need to line up to get on the bus! It's time to go!" Kids would just look at em and go on about what they were doing. Teachers have no authority over kids, and they know it. Bring back the paddle and quit giving them awards for what they should be doing anyway! Sorry for the rant, and thank all you teachers and ISD employees (including my wife)!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Doug, are you still happy that you got the gig you were trying for?

Comment

I know you are ready and can't blame you! I have several teacher friends and these days, the school year can be VERY trying!

This link popped up on my FaceBook page last night and I can surely see my friends faces in these dances!

Will this be you? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                      Doug, are you still happy that you got the gig you were trying for?
                      Keith, not the gig I was trying for, but I am excited at the move and change. If they gig I looked at becomes available, then that will be a very tough decision for me. time will tell!

Comment

Mary, I will feel like that for sure on Friday, but just turning 64 today, I doubt I could dance like that without ending up in the emergency room! I will still see myself doing that, but only in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                          Mary, I will feel like that for sure on Friday, but just turning 64 today, I doubt I could dance like that without ending up in the emergency room! I will still see myself doing that, but only in my mind!
                          LOL! As long as you can do it in your mind....your are good to go!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
                            LOL! As long as you can do it in your mind....your are good to go!!!
                            Thank you Mary, I can still do a lot of things in my mind for sure, just not physically, or at least I am afraid to try so I do not hurt myself!

Comment

Working...
                            X