X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great fishing

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
      Here's one I tied with a dumbbell eye and rubber legs. Caught this Guad on it Sunday on the South Llano.

Shane the Llano river is a few minutes from our deer lease (Mason county). The James river is right there as well. That is partly why I've been starting to get interested in fly fishing. Figured I could shoot pigs early in the morning and fish after that during the summer months. Would be loads of fun for me and the kids as well.

All these post about fly fishing have sealed the deal for me. I will be getting some equipment this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
        More fat bass on the popper and one on the frog. Life is good.
        Those are very nice bass on a fly rod. I'm impressed.

Comment

Is it difficult to sit in a kayak and fly fish? I will assume that the distance will be limited.

Comment

I have hunted and fished all over the world. One of the true joys in my life is sitting on the bank with a light spinning rod, a balsa slip float, and a piece of worm. I’ll sit there for hours catching perch, small bass, carp or whatever. I do like watching that bobber go under!

Comment

Good times. Remember taking my kids and nephew for the 1st time fishing for Perch.

Comment

When the dog and deer ain't in the way my 4 year old grandson will bait his own hook and catch them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                  Is it difficult to sit in a kayak and fly fish? I will assume that the distance will be limited.
                  It depends on the kayak. Some are really unstable. Others are super stable. Distance (if you're talking about casting distance) isn't limited at all. You can cast sitting down or standing up. Doesn't matter. If you get a nice fishing kayak that has an elevated seat and a hull design for stability, you'll do great casting a fly rod. It also helps to choose a kayak that has a flat open deck as opposed to a kayak that has a center console and lots of things sticking up in the floor that your slack fly line will get tangled up on.

Comment

I see all these hand sized perch and all I can think is "Why isn't there a 10/0 circle hook run through his tail?"! All I see is yellow cat bait! If anyone around Brazoria County has access to good perch water, I will gladly trade catfish for live perch!

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                      Those are very nice bass on a fly rod. I'm impressed.
                      Thank you Sir. I am blessed to have some great friends with good fishing water. Those bigger bass are a challenge on a 5 wt. rod. You have to learn to play them or they'll wreck your equipment. But man oh man what a rush to see one blow up on a little popper! You know the fight is on then.

Now back to the perch catching thread...

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post

Now back to the perch catching thread...
                        What is funny is that I don't know that I have ever actually caught a "perch" except maybe when I was a little kid visiting gramma in NY. A perch is actually a species of fish. What we catch in all the small ponds/lakes around here are actually on of a variety of sunfish. I often call them blue gills, but technically a blue gill is one of many kinds of panfish in the sunfish family. To make matters confusing... bass are also in the sunfish family too

Anywho... throw your cork.. or your bobber... or you float... or your strike indicator... and have some fun!

Comment

It is a blast! Especially on a fly rod...as the above photos show

Comment

Its funny this was posted this week. I took my kiddos on Tuesday and filmed it.
                            I am so happy to share this video with everyone.. Today I take my twins on a fishing trip. They both had a blast and caught fish cast to catch all on their o...

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
                              Its funny this was posted this week. I took my kiddos on Tuesday and filmed it.
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws438mGpwys&t=4s

Your daughter (the way she acts) reminds me a lot of my daughter when she was that old. It brought back a lot of memories. She is a little older now (14) but started at an early age. Here's a couple of fishing pictures below of her. She still loves fishing every bit as much as my son does.

Thanks for posting!!! I enjoyed the video. Good job to you dad for getting both of your kids involved in the great outdoors.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4473.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	24542779

Name:	IMG_3880.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	24542780

Comment

Grandson at 3 yrs old

At 5 now,' he's graduated to surfacing sandbass and stripers. Caught 10-12 by himself with a zebco 33! And a 40+ # gar with that same zebco, while crappie fishing this year.

He's "hooked".

Name:	IMAG0532_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	24542798

Comment

Working...
                                X