Hunt overseas and end up in jail??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
    Brings back fond memories of bird hunting in old Mexico. Those boys could shake ya down before it was cool.
    Been there, done that!

Comment

I have hunted a bunch of places in good ole Africa....and lived there for work....in general there is no issue for hunters...plan a trip and you will have no problems...other than you will be planning your next trip before you leave!!!

Comment

Buddy went hunting in Mexico years ago and they all got robbed. Not border guards or anything, but when they got to the lodge some dudes took all their guns and told them buenos dias. He swore he'd never go back down there.

Comment

Why go all the way to Africa when you could go to Mexico and potentially have the same thing happen?

Comment

There's more animals than I have room for heads on my wall right here in the good ole USofA. I'll stay home and enjoy the hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyPhil View Post
              Why go all the way to Africa when you could go to Mexico and potentially have the same thing happen?
              They don't even have bridges to hang your decapitated body from in Africa...

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                My buddy's camera guys tried to pay the Cameroon guys, but they wouldn't take it. Apparently, they actually thought they were spies and not just shaking them down for bribe money.
                If their that paranoid, makes me wonder what the Cameroons have to hide.

Comment

Crossing into Canada to bear hunt in 2008 we were detained and asked why we had all our camera gear. It wasn't because they thought we were spies though. They thought we had lied on our paperwork and were actually entering Canada to work as a film crew. We explained to them that we indeed were prostaff on a hunting show but we didn't get paid anything to do. We simply filmed our hunts and they were aired on tv. It took a while to convince them but they finally let us through and stamped all our paperwork.

We were just part of a random search that evening as we crossed. They weren't amused when we wanted to film the whole the thing either. They said no.

Comment

Working...
                  X