How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
    I am seriously considering thinning the herd back and can use the TBH brain trust. I am going to stick to saltwater so all the rods less than a seven weight will go. The one I am most proud of I have no idea what to ask, it’s a late 50’s or early 60’s Orvis 4/5 bamboo that I replaced everything on less the bamboo and I refinished that. You could barely make out the old Orvis waterslide and looking back I wish I would have left it on.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You may just want to keep that one just in case you get a CO trip. Unless you just want to buy an entire new outfit if that chance happens.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
      Anybody hit up the frying pan outside of Basalt headed up there in a couple weeks.
      Would think it is pretty high still. My brother was up there a week ago and I know they couldn't fish it then...

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
        Anybody hit up the frying pan outside of Basalt headed up there in a couple weeks.
        Planning a trip this fall

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
          Going guided or just walking in? I have a few buddies that guide out of Casper
          We’re renting a drift boat. I use to live up there and put many of miles on an old Clacka on the North Platte and Big Horn.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
            We’re renting a drift boat. I use to live up there and put many of miles on an old Clacka on the North Platte and Big Horn.

Sweet, thats some fine water. Three of my buddies guide for Ugly Bug there in Casper

Comment

Hit brushy today but only had a little over an hour and being 4pm it was hot and not ideal. Beautiful stretch of stream, tons of small bass and saw a couple Rios which was cool. Only hit I got was too small to actually eat my fly!

Also was able to stop in to Living Waters, great shop and awesome crew in there. Only bad thing about it is I figured out I need the new Simms wading boots

Comment

I’ve been hitting the Blanco pretty hard from 12 downstream. Small hooks, bees, poppers, mouse, whatever. I’m catching fish. It’s just a ton of fun. Something to do in between beers. Light tippet wind knots. PITA.

Comment

Here’s a link to a trip down to Belize last month. We caught a bunch of bonefish. Very pretty down there!

This is "Belize Fishing Video June 2019" by James Mansfield on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

Comment

How many fly fishermen on here.

I have fished 3 states in the last 10 days. The water out west is real high but it beats work.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                      One of my self built 5wt customs / Galvan 3wt fly reel

Good looking set up!

Comment

Headed to a flight in Vegas after spending the last few days fly fishing in Utah. I’ve dabbled before but this was an experience. Fly fishing is hard!

My best of the trip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice fish. What part of UT?

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                            Nice fish. What part of UT?
                            Near Bryce

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Headed to a flight in Vegas after spending the last few days fly fishing in Utah. I’ve dabbled before but this was an experience. Fly fishing is hard!

My best of the trip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats! im not very good at it yet

Comment

Buddy and I had a heck of a trip on the North Platte in Wyoming. Hoppers and streamers!

Comment

Working...
                                X