Diamond outlaw review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diamond outlaw review

Short and sweet folks.. You have to give up quiet and ease of draw to shoot this bow.. BUT for $499.99 ready to shoot, I sent a 387 grain arrow down range at 296fps!!!!!!! Again, it draws very heavy and then comes over a hump that makes a full capture rest a necessity.. This is followed by a .22 long rifle-esque pop upon release. It IS fast for the money and lightweight, but I'm not real sure I'm willing to give up so much to buy one.. I'm hoping to shoot an assassin Monday, if so I'll post up a report..

Was expecting a better review..coming from a Diamond

Comment

Was this a bare bow? No whiskers on the strings or anything? String stopper? My buddy's Black Ice is loud too (IMO) but he has nothing on the string other than his peep and just one of those string stoppers to quiet it down. I'm not sure I like those things. anyway, but after hearing his bow, I think all they do is trade the "twang" of the string for a "pop" of the string slapping rubber.

Comment

It has the carbon rod string stop and there newest string silencers.. If I knew I could quiet it down I would learn to deal with the draw to get that speed for that price..

Comment

Ehhh, as has been said before, speed just means you miss faster. I do know though, that speed is nice to have, and agree with you that it sould also be quiet. I would be willing to bet that if you removed that carbon rod string stop, and replace the string silencers with some rubber whiskers, it would be much quieter, but then again, the whiskers might slow it down a tad.

Comment

I'm not a diamond fan....

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
              Short and sweet folks.. You have to give up quiet and ease of draw to shoot this bow.. BUT for $499.99 ready to shoot, I sent a 387 grain arrow down range at 296fps!!!!!!! Again, it draws very heavy and then comes over a hump that makes a full capture rest a necessity.. This is followed by a .22 long rifle-esque pop upon release. It IS fast for the money and lightweight, but I'm not real sure I'm willing to give up so much to buy one.. I'm hoping to shoot an assassin Monday, if so I'll post up a report..
              Curious as to what silencer u use on ur .22, I shot one
              Last week and it shot faster than a Fred bear attack and was quieter.....ur talkin about a bare bow at 399, I thought it was a great buy for the $

Comment

I'm surprised to hear that coming from a diamond bow!

Comment

Next to my switchback, it's very loud.. Next to--- insert brand here---- it may not be..I'm not a brand man, I'll shoot whatever, and have in the past shot different brands so I'm not just downing the diamond.. I really was excited to try it hoping for better, but again I shoot a cream puff.. Just wanted to speed up a bit, I'm maxed out on weight and only making 260.7 fps.. Just not willing to pay what Mathews requires to keep up with a $500 package bow..

Comment

Update: I really wanted this to be my new bow!! I'm gonna take my bow up and shoot it in the "'sound booth" that is the range at the store and compare the two side by side.. Just to make sure its not just the room I was shooting in..

Comment

That is disappointing to hear. I sold an Outlaw package the other day that the customer (TBH'er Buckshot-73) shot & loved. But it was a shorter draw & less poundage, it was quiet and smooth. I hate to hear the 70lb rig is getting such bad feedback at longer draw lengths.
                      Last edited by Gunther; 02-24-2011, 06:14 AM.

Comment

ummmmmm ok, maybe I was wrong there monkey licky

Comment

I am sorry to hear this..As Gunther said,I just purchased an Outlaw. I spent about 2hrs. Shooting 6or7different bows,from a Strothers,Elite,high country,Bowtech, and picked the Outlaw over all of them. I am not that concerned about the speed,I am more concerned with accuracy.. The noise,I didn't notice mine being that noisy(compared to my 10 year old High Country,outlaw was very quiet)...I appreciate Gunther and the rest of the staff at CCR taking the time to set up many bows just for me to shoot a few times. They really went above and beyond to make sure I was happy..jettech,I wish you lived closer to CCR.

Comment

Reported

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                              After shooting the assassin last night and my switchback at the same time,I have to update my statement.I have to believe that it was the small concrete shooting range that I shot the outlaw in that made it sound so loud.The assassin and outlaw draw the same and make the same speeds,AND were no louder than my switchback.I guess I'll have to get used to the draw cycle.Now the hard decision,outlaw or assassin?

Kid, they had the assassin and the detroyer,and the either the monster or the invasion,I couldn't tell..I keed I keed

Comment

Working...
                              X