Couple lease rules being questioned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
    How do you guys on leases define Trophy bucks? Seems to me that there would be arguments if someone shot Trophy and claimed it was a cull.
    We do 5.5 or older and 130+. If it's 5.5 or older and 125 or less then it's usually a bonus management deer for whoever.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Comment

How do you guys on leases define Trophy bucks? Seems to me that there would be arguments if someone shot Trophy and claimed it was a cull.
      It should be defined in the rules. Does not mean there won't be room for interpretation (or disagreements) but you can get pretty tight on the definitions. If the lease has good hunters it won't be an issue.

Comment

We don't have a buck rule. We are all grown men that got on this place to shoot mature deer. What is a trophy to one may not be to another. Shoot a 125" 8 point fine we have tons of those, let the 125" 3.5 year old tens walk. We are all in agreement to shoot a buck bigger than your last one.

We have 2 buck tags if your lucky enough to use them on trophy bucks use them, if you see a cull use one, if you see two culls use them. If you don't see anything you like eat tag soup.

90% of our hunting is archery it's hard hunting in the mountains but when that 180 steps out it will be all worth it!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by arrowslinger; 04-11-2018, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I would say whatever your rules are to stick with them in a consistent manner. I was on a lease where the lease manager had rules for everyone else to follow but not followed by him. He made exceptions to his rules depending on the person breaking them. When he was confronted with the fact that him and his guests(1 uncle, 2 cousins, and his buddy) had shot 4 bucks that year, on top of his son shooting a buck + grandson shooting a cull buck and doe + daughter in law shooting a cull buck and doe + his wife shooting a buck, he replied that he is the lease manager and he sets and changes whatever rules he wants. So after that I, along with 4 other members packed our feeders and equipment and left. The guy was confused at why we were leaving lol, and had the gall to claim we were putting him in a bind for next year. I personally wouldn't have any issue with the rules you laid out. Split memberships are very bad ideas.

Comment

Kick him off. Nothing but trouble if you ask me. There is ALWAYS some idiot that wants to change a good and it is usually the worst member on the lease. Whenever you start compromising your rules you are done, toast.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
              Rule 1- Seems fine with parents, siblings, and kids

Rule 2- No go unless you want to add more rules clarifying how to handle a two member spot with trophies and more guest and everything.
              X2

Comment

Their are pros and cons to having guests. I was able to kill my first deer with a bow because I was a guess. Now that being said, the guest better make **** sure he knows the rules and doesn't break any.

IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT

Comment

If you've got 12 members plus their immediate family, you better have thousands of acres if your goal is deer like the one you indicated, at least consistently. That's a lot of deer taken each year.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                    If you've got 12 members plus their immediate family, you better have thousands of acres if your goal is deer like the one you indicated, at least consistently. That's a lot of deer taken each year.
                    We have 3k acres but yes the deer pictured is what all 12 of us want. That's why I don't even care to consider a guest rule.

There is a 30k acre lease in Nashoba its 900 a year and bring your whole family. Probably 40 family's on it. That's just not the club I want.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                      We have 3k acres but yes the deer pictured is what all 12 of us want. That's why I don't even care to consider a guest rule.

There is a 30k acre lease in Nashoba its 900 a year and bring your whole family. Probably 40 family's on it. That's just not the club I want.

That’s 750 ac and $900 per family. That’s better than most guys on this website.
                      Do the 2 dads really want to hunt or just pay for a spot to hang out with everyone? I’m sure I missed something but, sounds like they just want to hangout, I’ve been on leases with those type of guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer75 View Post
                        That’s 750 ac and $900 per family. That’s better than most guys on this website.
                        Do the 2 dads really want to hunt or just pay for a spot to hang out with everyone? I’m sure I missed something but, sounds like they just want to hangout, I’ve been on leases with those type of guys.
                        They want to hunt, one of them owner of a archery shop.

That other lease is a example not sure on those numbers.

Comment

So we took a vote....the first 7 members I talked to voted no on both questions. So there we go.

Comment

Only full membership.
                            Where the person lives is just stupid. A membership is paying for an allowed allotment on kills and the guest come off the members allotment.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowslinger View Post
                              1st of all the guest rule. We have the rule immediate family....one member interprets this rule as your father, mother, brother, sister, wife and kids. My opinion is family members that live with you.

2nd he wants to split a membership....his dad and another members dad want to split a membership. Never have had this come up before but my opinion is if we split their membership that's like adding a member at half price. Everyone was on the same page at keeping it at 12 members and no more then they come up with this when I said no guest outside the family that lives in your house.

What are yalls opinions on these rules?

Picture of the caliber of deer we are trying to hunt.

I have always taken exception to rules like your first. My wife & I can't have children so the "immediate family" rule is basically telling me I can't have guests. I have 2 nephews...they are like my kids and I love any outdoor & hunting time I get to spend with them and my brother. IMO it shouldn't matter who I give my tag allotment to but I should also be held 100% responsible for the actions of my guests.

As others have said, it's whatever the group can agree too.
                              Last edited by JonBoy; 04-12-2018, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Couple lease rules being questioned.

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post

Under our rules, there is no difference in the amount of deer that can be taken by the 12 members with or without guests.

Common sense says you don’t just turn a family free to fill all their tags...you still have a member allotment and guests hunt off that allotment.

Comment

Working...
                                X