No announcement yet.

Western extreme t.v. show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is an amazing shot and a self proclaimed archery nerd with his equipment. If you follow him much then you would know that he practices at this distance and has shot a lot of animals at longer ranges. There is probably better archery shooters (competition) than him, but when it comes to hunting scenarios it would be hard pressed to find many better than him. He gets a little goofy at times, but I love his passion for archery and wanting to help and teach others.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
      Great shot indeed but Tim Wells is the GOAT!!!!!

I like Jim, but he doesnt hold a candle to Tim Wells that ole boy can shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        That was the first one over 50 I saw him take. To me That is as unethical as it gets. At 20 yards all it takes is an animal to turn a little or start to step. At that range the chances of a bad hit are a lot more. If he were a bowhunter his goal would be to get close. Lost all respect for him as a hunter when I saw that. He is no longer recorded or watched.

Pretty sure he doesn't care though. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

You ever hunted out West? Would I shoot at a spooky whitetail at that distance nope. But a bedded muley or calm feeding muley or elk is gonna catch an arrow within 80 yards. Just because you cant do it doesn’t mean its unethical for others.

Comment

Heck of a shot! If I could consistently make them, I'd be taking them too. After listening to a lot of hunting podcasts and guys that are really good with a bow, long shots aren't all that uncommon anymore. Listening to guys like Aron Snyder talk about how he can group arrows at 100 yards convinces me that some people can just flat out shoot. So if they can ethically do it, more power to them.
          Last edited by Saltyag15; 02-13-2018, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Been there and done that, but many years ago when I shot all the time and practiced at long distances. An animal jumping the string at distance over 50 yards is probably minimal due to the fact the the noise of the bow is not going to be as loud at long distances as it is at 20 to 30 yards. Besides on game like elk or a Kudu, you could be looking at a kill zone of 16"x16". My longest was on an antelope in NM. Never knew I was there, got him ranged at 91 yards an he got an arrow thru the heart! Would I try it today, NO WAY as i do not shoot as much as I use to and do not practice at the longer ranges anymore. For Burnworth, more power to him.

Comment

To speak about unethical, my first bow kill was a whitetail at about 75 yards (stepped off by my dad--no rangefinders then) with a Browning Drake Flightmaster compound when I was 12. No sights. No release. No nothing. Just luck. Could have been a disaster. Generally don't watch hunting shows, but sounds like this guy is as good at 100 yards at I am at 35.

Comment

Burnworth is easily one of the best hunters on TV (not just one of the best shooters). He's one of the few that I enjoy watching.

Comment

Out of a well tuned bow with consistent practice some can shoot as well at 100yds as your average shot shoots a bow at 40yds!
                  Last edited by ShaBow; 02-13-2018, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                    you might be a little over critical of him. I would never shoot over 30 on a whitetail but would shoot 75-80 yards on an elk. depends on the animal. A big animal standing at 100 yards is not gonna jump the string. more than likely gonna do just what that Kudu did. stand there and not know it was coming. plus he was able to gage how jumpy these animals were while stalking. do I think everyone should takes these shots, No. but this guy practices and can hit a tennis ball at 100 yards. so if you have a calm animal and the correct wind and conditions I am ok with it. I have friends and have seen many a the that could not hit a tennis ball at 20 yards. :-)
                    This. Kudu doesn't jump the string. And it has really big vitals.

Comment

Levi Morgan is another TV guy that can shoot lights out. Again, today's equipment and technology definitely plays a part, but these type of guys shoot more in 1 day, than most of us shoot in a year :-) They know their stuff

Comment

I'd bet a pay check more animals get hit poorly at long range than short. Those TV guys don't show the gut shot lost ones.

Comment

I'd bet a pay check more animals get hit poorly at long range than short. Those TV guys don't show the gut shot lost ones.

And I would bet mine that more are wounded by bow hunters than rifle hunters every year if your that scared to death of wounding a deer you need to pick up a rifle as things can still go wrong inside of 20 yards with a bow.

Comment

I followed the show for years but have fallen away in recent months. Again, great shot, but that dang lisp just keeps getting worse!!!

He also jumped on the "bring your daughter to work" wagon. Good job Jim......good job.

Comment

Its up to each individual to know their shooting limitations no matter the weapon depending on practice and experience. I would like to think most of the bowhunters taking shots past 50yds have both of those things and know that its a high % shot for them if they decide to take it or at least thats been the case for the bowhunters I've been around with long range ability.
                              Last edited by ShaBow; 02-13-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Hell they gut shoot them at 20yrds. Look how many tracking dog requests are on here from people who don’t shoot over 30 yrds. Everyone’s skill level is different so don’t be a hater

Comment

Working...
                                X