Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I crazy for not canceling baseball practice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    27 degrees this morning.

Had the 5-6 yos teeballers out before light doing gassers and burpies for 1.5 hours with no water or breakfast to hardened their soft asses up. Building Champions!!
    Greatness!!!!!

Comment

Reading all the select baseball threads really make me appreciate the parents we have on our team!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        27 degrees this morning.

Had the 5-6 yos teeballers out before light doing gassers and burpies for 1.5 hours with no water or breakfast to hardened their soft asses up. Building Champions!!
        Was this in Junction? Did you wear houndstooth?
        Originally posted by BrianL View Post
        If it is a travel ball team, then I would practice, if it is local ball, cancel.
        What is the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post

What is the difference?
          $6-10K/year

Comment

Really ........is all I have to say. I am glad I don`t have a horse in this race.

Comment

$6-10K/year
              Holy hell, apparently I’m gonna need a better job if my kids plan of playing sports.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                I guess because it's organized, required or ****gasp**** baseball it's bad?

Kids go sledding in the snow for hours, ski, ice skate, play hockey, etc..... for hours on end in much harsher conditions. I get that some of you have dug your heals in to the point of no going back but the argument that kids playing a sport for a couple of hours in the cold is more harmful than sitting on their but at home playing x-box is crazy.

Make it fun, read the kids and cut it off when they stop having fun. It's kids playing a game in the cold weather, they will survive and might even have fun
                How long would kids last skiing in baseball outfits. I get what your saying but for an otganized practice with parents dropping kids off its probably not worth it. I agree with dbat or indoor training. My kid played select until hos sophmore year. Coaxh was a retired mlb player and hard @#$. If it was a tourney or game we would play. Practices can be moved.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

$6-10K/year
                  I thought our fees were high!!!

You must be talking about high school showcase teams right?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                    Finally someone gets it. Cold don’t make you sick.
                    I really hate the summer flu season.

Comment

It's gonna be 75 on Wednesday...

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Hear Hear !! It's incredible now days. Too hot, Little Johnny can't practice, too cold, no little Johnny, too windy, no little Johnny. Little Johnny is 250lbs but a 243 is too much, where can I find some reduced recoil loads. I mean, todays "Men" have to ask the internet when Johnny can hold a gun, when he can set in a stand by himself, etc...
                        Can you imagine when this group of kids, have kids? We straight f $#%@d bro!!
                        Bring back the good old days of fireman going in without respirators, no seatbelts and every other thing that modern science and technology has improved on.

Comment

I let parent's decide. Out of 12 kids, all but 2 were busy or did not want to practice!

We cancelled. It was 39 with 12-15 mPH winds

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                            I thought our fees were high!!!

You must be talking about high school showcase teams right?
                            Most of that money is in the "travel" part. I don't know the acutal number, but would guess most all 5A and up high school baseball players played year round travel ball for years prior to entering high school.

Comment

$6-10K/year
                              WOW! Talk about insane!

I will never coach 7-8 year olds. 9 is the lowest I will go.

And I thought $1750 a year was high.

Comment

I don't know.
                                fify.

Comment

Working...
                                X