Average cost of a WATER WELL????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average cost of a WATER WELL????

What's the average or observed cost of an 8" 300ft well in S TX sand?

We're re-drilling an existing well to increase the output.....just wanted to check our quote. Thanks

We didn't redrill one, but I have had my pump replaced twice and it was $1800 and $1500 for the pump and control box. I believe it was a 3/4 HP pump. Mine is at 300 feet.

Comment

I thought there was an average cost per foot depending on the diameter.....on a new well what is the average per foot?

Comment

TTT for more info......

Comment

don't know about STX, but a buddy just had one drilled for right at $12/foot here in ETX. Lots of iron ore to punch through.

Comment

I was also wondering what the correct size pump is for a 300' well with 8" casing to pump 100+ gpm?

Comment

Go to the Texas Ground Water Assn. web site and it might answer your questions.

Comment

inlaws drilled one 2 yrs ago in Zavala county that cost about 60 k. They went down almost 3000ft and hit the main water. Well tested at around 500 gpm if my memory is correct.

Comment

I have a 300 foot well with a 2 hp pump and its about 80 gallons a min. B ut I don't know what it would take with 8 pipe.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                    inlaws drilled one 2 yrs ago in Zavala county that cost about 60 k. They went down almost 3000ft and hit the main water. Well tested at around 500 gpm if my memory is correct.

Thank goodness our water is up at 300ft.....60k

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
                      I have a 300 foot well with a 2 hp pump and its about 80 gallons a min. B ut I don't know what it would take with 8 pipe.
                      What size casing do you have?

Comment

Well

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                        What size casing do you have?
                        2 inch ? On the casing, what size pipe are you going with?
                        Last edited by Tx625; 07-15-2009, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx625 View Post
                          2 inch ? On the casing, what size pipe are you going with?
                          It's going from a 4" to an 8" casing.....from a 6" hole to a 10 or 12" outer hole with packing...
                          Last edited by Peyton; 07-15-2009, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I have numbers from 13 years ago on 300' of 7-7/8" but that probably won't do you any good.

Tbar
                            Last edited by Tbar; 07-15-2009, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peyton View Post
                              Thank goodness our water is up at 300ft.....60k
                              They have water shallower but it has a horrible sulphur like smell and taste the livestock won't drink it.

Comment

Working...
                              X