No announcement yet.

Irresponsible Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very disturbed at the number of Monday morning quarterbacks & self proclaimed keyboard engineers posting here.

Instead of pointing a single finger, how about joining thousands of other Americans by using your hands and feet to help?

Texans and Americans are in dire straits right now. Many of these posts are shameful and embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      A lot of truth to this. 99 and the development around it are a lot to blame. However all development is government regulated through permits. No doubt developers will push limits but they still have to follow regulations. The counties are a bit different.

The cities priorities have been out of line the past years while we had lots of oil and gas revenues. The cities infrastructure is outdated and has proven to be ineffective. Homes should have never been built behind Addicks dam, on low lots by the Brazos, or the bayous in Houston. It will be interesting to see if they get rebuilt.

But still, Houston got about 50 inches of rain. That's a lot of water.

Using a local politician as an example, I could see how this sort of thing could happen in Houston. The guy I'm referring to is as crooked as a politician gets and has made dozens (if not hundreds) of land deals based on his insider knowledge of where future roads will be built. He's never the buyer of said properties but he seems to be friends with a lot of them and seems to make a mighty handsome living on a lowly politician's salary.

I could see politicians in Houston or, any City, doing the same thing; turning a blind eye to engineering cautions about particular areas--for a nominal fee, of course. But you are absolutely correct, 50" is a lot of freakin' rain.

Comment

Originally posted by tigerscowboy View Post
        Very disturbed at the number of Monday morning quarterbacks & self proclaimed keyboard engineers posting here.

Instead of pointing a single finger, how about joining thousands of other Americans by using your hands and feet to help?

Texans and Americans are in dire straits right now. Many of these posts are shameful and embarrassing.

As citizens, we have the Right and a duty to criticize elected officials in an effort to hold them accountable. This was simply a "what do y'all think" discussion. Many of these people live right where this is happening and many ARE helping in any way they can. Casting judgment of people voicing opinions of problems they see right out their windows seems rather out-of-touch.

Comment

We had serious flooding here in Paris with 12" rain over two days. Yall had 50-60" of rain. Enough rain to cover the ENTIRE United States in 0.20" of water. No way this flooding can be blamed on drainage. Any town in the country would have severe flooding with that much rain.

Comment

If complaining is a right you enjoy as a citizen, enjoy your right and effort livin2hunt.

Homes have flooded this week that have NEVER flooded in 40 years since ORIGINAL construction.

Exercise your right and duty at this time to criticize officials. Start a petition, lead a protest, whatever. It's everyone's right as an American.

Others have elected to HELP PEOPLE and WORK.
            Last edited by tigerscowboy; 08-31-2017, 10:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
              Wrong person if you trying have a pissing match. I don't participate in much ignorance, so if you didn't get it, maybe you will...out

Next time, try to string together a cogent thought before you hit 'Submit Reply'. Everyone else seemed to do it.

Comment

Homes have flooded this week that have never flooded in 40 years since ORIGINAL construction.

Exercise your right and duty at this time to criticize officials. Start a petition, lead a protest, whatever. It's everyone's right as an American.

Others have elected to help and work.

Exactly, what is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                  Putting this here to not distract from the Harvey threads intended for immediate relief.

I think the Governor needs to enact an executive order placing a moratorium on development around the metro area until a proper run off assessment is completed and a plan in place.

I had no idea how many communities in the last decade have been created along river valleys with small levies to protect but cant. We have a drainage problem here in this metro. Its reached critical mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Have you read this? https://qz.com/1064364/hurricane-har...d-destruction/

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    That's a very good read, being born & raised in Houston I've seen the destruction of the Katy Prairie

Comment

If complaining is a right you enjoy as a citizen, enjoy your right and effort livin2hunt.

Homes have flooded this week that have NEVER flooded in 40 years since ORIGINAL construction.

Others have elected to HELP PEOPLE and WORK.

Slow clap for you. It's quite arrogant of you to assume you are the only person on this forum contributing. But, since you are, congratulations. You want a medal? I also like how you edited your response AFTER I replied to it. That takes balls. Don't you find it rather hypocritical that you're posting on a public forum (instead of helping) while chastising others for posting on the same public forum? I hope you get the t.v. interview you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                        Slow clap for you. It's quite arrogant of you to assume you are the only person on this forum contributing. But, since you are, congratulations. You want a medal? I also like how you edited your response AFTER I replied to it. That takes balls. Don't you find it rather hypocritical that you're posting on a public forum (instead of helping) while chastising others for posting on the same public forum? I hope you get the t.v. interview you're looking for.
                        You state this without knowing what I and my family have already been doing physically to help others in need, who we have taken into our own home, and what we are preparing to do again tomorrow.

I don't mind you throwing stones at me. It's easy behind a keyboard. Peace.

Comment

I think some of you guys need to order a few of these and have next day air delivery!

Comment

My house would be under water if 50" fell in 2-3 days, FACT...I'm gonna sue the city now & be pro-active.

Unacceptable we cannot handle a 500-1000 year flood this day & age.

Comment

This is entertaining....

Comment

You state this without knowing what I and my family have already been doing physically to help others in need, who we have taken into our own home, and what we are preparing to do again tomorrow.

I don't mind you throwing stones at me. It's easy behind a keyboard. Peace.

Reread your own posts, Rock Chucker. Perhaps, I should have used smaller words so you had a fighting chance at understanding what I wrote....WOW.

Comment

Working...
                                X