4 pines ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 pines ranch

Has anybody hunted or heard of the 4 pines ranch? I think the website is www.4pinesranch.net. Just wondering.

Ttt

Comment

Wow. I looked at the website and they have pretty cheap hog hunts. Just wondering if anybody has been.

Comment

I aint never hunted a donkey!!

Comment

I am going to schedule a hog hunt for my son as a XMAS present @ 4 pines. It will be 2nd week in Feb. I will report back.

Comment

Well I just looked at the website and they have raised the price. RECAR let us know how it goes!!! Good Luck.

Comment

let us know

Comment

packing up our gear. The boy and I heading out tomorrow for 4 pines. Will post LDPs when I return. Wish us Luck!!!!!!!

Comment

Well, I wish I could say I had a great time and a successful hunt at 4Pines Ranch but that is not the case. My son and I hunted from Friday afternoon until Sunday around 10 am. Not only were we unable to harvest a hog, we did not see any on the property or any of the other properties he took us to spot lighting. The property shows signs of hog activity but none were to be seen. I am not sure if the property is over pressured, if this weeends small cold front changed the habits of the hogs a little or what the issue was. I have broken out the parts of the 4pines ranch below for your information.

Owner - Matt Cousins
                  Matt is a great guy. He was extremely nice and was available to myself and my son at all times. He went out of his way to make our hunt successful. He took us spot lighting at night on his property and some of his neighbors property.

Accommodations - Camping only
                  There is plenty of area to set-up tents for camping.

Equipment - Feeders and Blinds
                  4Pines has 5 feeders and blinds setup on the property. Most are 50-75 yard shots. There is one that is set at about 150 yards. 2 of the areas also have bow stands set at 12 and 20 yards. For the most part the blinds are adequate and 4 of the 5 have heaters in them. The only problem I had with the blinds is that they do not accomodate 2 people. As I was hunting with my son this made for tight quarters. I would recommend bringing a double bull ground blind if you ahve a need for 2 hunters in the same blind. The feeds were good and dropped corn at the appropriate times. There was a battery issue on one of them but Matt fixed it as soon as I mentioned it.

Overall experience - 3 stars out of 5
                  I would really have liked to given a higher rating for this day lease but without harvesting any animals I just can’t. I am undecided if I would try this ranch again. I have seen some day leases that return your money except the deposit if you do not make a kill. I will probably go that route.

I hope this helps anyone to make a decision.

Comment

I am sorry that you did not get anything. Thank you for your input.

Comment

the hogs on our place move in and out alot to, got to be there at the right time and location to get lucky on our piggies to.
                      Sounds like you had fun and the guide was there for you and your son. Maybe next time.
                      Don't give up.
                      Good luck

Comment

Does anybody know the prices on their ram hunts?

Comment

They start at $250 and go up from there depending on size. I'm scheduled for a hunt New Year's Day out there. Max trophy fee on rams according to Matt (the owner) is $750 for a huge gold medal class.

Comment

I just looked at the website and they now have a bunk house to sleep in.

Comment

Check out my hunt at 4 pines in this post: http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=131657

Comment

Working...
                              X