Gruene, Tx - things to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gruene, Tx - things to do?

The woman and I are heading down there this weekend for our 2yr anniversary. Besides seeing Reckless Kelly Saturday night at Gruene Hall and maybe eating at the Gristmill, what should we get ourselves into? I imagine we'll hit a few shops up as well...

Lets hear what we have to see/do!

Edit - I should've mentioned we are staying at the Mansion Inn right next door to the Hall.

Thanks,
    Lee
    Last edited by lglidewell; 12-17-2013, 02:49 PM.

To bad it is to cold to float.

Comment

Christmas in Greune is awesome right now and the weather should be good for wandering around (maybe rain Saturday, maybe). Parking maybe in tough if you get there late. Been there several times on a weekend and had struggled to find a parking spot, couple that with Christmas......

Comment

Downtown New Braunfels is a pretty nice area.

Comment

I was down there for my anny last month. We ate at Gruene river grill. Was very good and priced well. Cool place to walk around.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Love Reckless!! Shops for sure...plenty of them.

Comment

Go to Gruene Harley Davison. Ask for Paul. Get on a nice 2014 Street glide and take it out for a two-three hour test drive!!!

Comment

This place is in NB but we like to eat there when we go.

Comment

Comment

You will not need an itinerary. Just walk around and soak it all in. Kick back and relax. Slow and easy. Head out west to canyon lake and north to the Devil's Backbone for one of the most scenic drives in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                        You will not need an itinerary. Just walk around and soak it all in. Kick back and relax. Slow and easy. Head out west to canyon lake and north to the Devil's Backbone for one of the most scenic drives in Texas.
                        Or tool a bit further West, out toward Concan, Leakey, Vanderpool and the Frio River basin for.....THE TEXAS ALPS!

Comment

you can always head to luckenbach and spend the day sitting around the picking circle and enjoy a few lone stars

Comment

Go to the fly fishing shop, eat at the Grist Mill, have some ice cream, fudge and drink beer. Sit down and watch the crowds. JMHO

Comment

Very cool Christmas Shoppe in an old german style house by Schlitterbahn.

Comment

Working...
                              X