No announcement yet.

Medicineman's 2017 season as live as possible

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Shiloh! I have a few "good-uns" I'm after as well, but chickened out on doing a live hunt this year. I think it jinxed me last year! At least that's the excuse I'm going with. Hope ya get one of em! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Originally posted by spidermonkey View Post
      Good luck Shiloh! I have a few "good-uns" I'm after as well, but chickened out on doing a live hunt this year. I think it jinxed me last year! At least that's the excuse I'm going with. Hope ya get one of em! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty
      Good luck this year Rusty!

Comment

I understand sir. I've missed a few sets posting mainly because I forget about it and get side tracked with the hunt itself.
        Good to you as well and stick a big one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I hear ya! And thanks a bunch Todd! One reason I ain't doing the live hunt thing is I would have to take pics on my phone, email em to my home computer, then I could post them on my live thread. Between having to do pics that way, plus the write up, I would be up till 11:00 pm, and have to get up at 4:15 am the next morn! And i hunt purty much every day, so it gets purty tough to keep up with. I just ain't smart enough to do it another way. Bout all I've done is kill a couple of pigs that jacked up my deer huntin so far this year! Sorry bout the "semi-hijack" Shiloh, you may resume! Enjoying it a lot!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

I hear ya! And thanks a bunch Todd! One reason I ain't doing the live hunt thing is I would have to take pics on my phone, email em to my home computer, then I could post them on my live thread. Between having to do pics that way, plus the write up, I would be up till 11:00 pm, and have to get up at 4:15 am the next morn! And i hunt purty much every day, so it gets purty tough to keep up with. I just ain't smart enough to do it another way. Bout all I've done is kill a couple of pigs that jacked up my deer huntin so far this year! Sorry bout the "semi-hijack" Shiloh, you may resume! Enjoying it a lot!! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Haha, no worries at all my friend!

Comment

Well, the beginning of my 30th year on this earth has been a doozy. My lil man woke up last night screaming at the top of his lungs for over 30 minutes a little before 1 and didn't go back to sleep until 2. Honestly one of the worst nights we've had since we brought him home from the hospital. I woke up late to hit the woods by about 30 minutes and on the way got stuck at the train tracks while the train literally set there at a dead standstill. Finally arrive to the hunting grounds, get all my camo on and gear gathered and just as I shut the door realize I left my keys laying in the front seat and I'd already locked the door......the place I'm hunting is conveniently located about 45 miles away from my house and my wife works another 30 miles in the opposite direction of that, so it's been an interesting day to say the least.

In saying all that, things could be a lot worse. I'm not at work, I've got the wind in my face (with the way the days started I KNOW that will change), I'm about 18ft closer to the good Lord above than I was when I woke up this morning and I'm sitting on the only piece of ground on earth that I'd like to be on right now waiting for an ol monarch buck to come sneaking by in bow range.

Comment

Well the key thing stinks but you won't need it until the hunt is over so just let it go and enjoy the hunt.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Not too bad of a morning on stand. 5 deer, all of which were bucks, and two potential shooters just couldn't get a shot. Wind is working on shifting now and supposed to be out of the west this evening so I'm changing zip codes and headed to my other place.

Truck keys are on their way now so hopefully everything is on the up an ups from here on out!

Comment

Get 'em.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Well Shiloh last week I sat in my spot and only to find my feeder trampled and destroyed by cows I noticed it when sun came out. I was eaten alive by mosquitos and 82 deg at 7am hit 90 deg evening. That's bow hunting gotta love it !!!

Comment

Ha! Been there in the keys locked in the truck before!!! That’s why I got a truck with a keypad on the door now!!!

Good luck at he new spot!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          Ha! Been there in the keys locked in the truck before!!! That’s why I got a truck with a keypad on the door now!!!

Good luck at he new spot!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well, I can say that it was a first for me in 30 years. I usually have a spare but took it out a while back when my truck was in the shop and never put it back in. Go figure!!

Originally posted by R.Armendariz View Post
                          Well Shiloh last week I sat in my spot and only to find my feeder trampled and destroyed by cows I noticed it when sun came out. I was eaten alive by mosquitos and 82 deg at 7am hit 90 deg evening. That's bow hunting gotta love it !!!

I fought dang cows all last year on all my spots! I have cows of mine and don't even like them unless, A) they are going to the sale barn or B) they are served medium rare on my plate!!

Good luck buddy

Comment

Well I changed zip codes and am currently about 50 miles away from where I started this morning, Back where I was chasing the big Heavy bodied buck. Pulled camera card and he was here yesterday evening so hopefully he'll show his face again tonight.

Be back at the other place in the morning. Was in the wrong spot this morning as my main buck of interest showed up this morning at another spot I'd just started checking. It's actually the spot I shot him at last year and lost him so I guess he must have forgot about it maybe! [emoji16]
                            Wind is supposed to be good for it the next couple days so we shall give it a whirl.

Comment

That is a nice deer Shiloh... hope you get another crack at em.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

THAT IS A BRUISER SHILOH!! Good luck to you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X