View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #1197
beararcher_84
Four Point

Hunt In: Lake Whitney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Grown View Post
I have no more secret spots. They've all been overrun with people. So I don't even tell or suggest what units now. I've told a few in the past thinking I was helping. But the only thing I was helping was for more people to hunt the areas I do. I'm not opposed to bringing new hunters into the sport. But if I gave out info for everyone that asked, we'd have 3 times as many people on the lake than what we do now. And game, being it's currently only limited by state laws and not by ACE, would be shot out, as it's almost to that point now. There used to be some really good areas with a lot of game. Now, with the population and current laws on AR, most of those places are being shot out. The quality of deer has certainly declined with the hunter population increase. On the other hand, there is a whole lot less poaching going on there. I'm sorry yall may never get to know the way it used to be down there in certain places. Or it's history.

Like stated above, if you want to learn the ropes, get out and learn the land. There is no better educator than hands on experience.
I understand to a point what your saying,but having someone there to say,this is what ur looking for,these kinda places are good,these places arent so good,even when nothing is in season. I am thankful that I had someone I worked with,point me in the right direction out there. He didnt show me where he hunted exactly,but if I needed help he was there to guide me my first couple times. That helpped a very lot,along with TV,YouTube and even people Ive meet in the parking lot. Then just going out and walking around exploring in the morning,in August and putting (shhh shhhh lol) a cam up for a week to see what came through there

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
beararcher_84 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top