No announcement yet.

Equipment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To see what higher foc does for penetration, look for a Muzzy video of shooting different arrows through a side of beef. With less foc, the arrows flex unbelievably back and forth, robbing you of penetration. Less weight in the back allows the arrows to go through the animal straighter not flexing back and forth, robbing you of penetration. It's not that hard to get 20% foc.

Comment

Know a few that are shooting 37 to 43 lbs with less than 25 inch draws, Axis arrow 75gr Insert and 100gr G5 Montec has been working well for them keeping shots inside 25 yards.

Comment

I put 125 grain muzzy phantoms on my wife's compound ( 45#) She's killed everything she's shot at so far . Pass thru on every except one deer that spun and she hit a little far forward. He only went about 80 yrds anyways!
        They are super easy to sharpen. I like em so much I thinking about getting me some!

Comment

1 turn the bow 1/2-1 round
          2 Magnus stingers 100 or poss 125 for more foc
          3 gold tip velocity or equivalent weight shafts

Using the velocity shafts will do you the dual favor on that bow of increasing speed and FOC. If she has been shooting for a bit, she probably wont even notice the slight increase in draw weight. On the rig you are talking about I personally wouldn't go with extreme FOC, adding weights and such, I would opt for a little more speed and flatter trajectory

Comment

Great advice on here. My wife shoots a 42# compunt. She uses the steel force cut on contact single bevel heads 125 grain with a basic arrow. (Not sure of brand but a basic compound arrow. No weights or inserts.) She has taken 2 bucks and a 160# hog. The hog and 1 buck were full pennitration (2 holes with the arrow sticking out the opposite side.) And the other buck turned on her and she went in at the second from last rib, down and forward I to the liver and lungs. About 22ish inches of pennitration. All went down in 60 or less yards.

Comment

Working...
            X