Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So New Orleans honey bees attack/or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So New Orleans honey bees attack/or not?

Gentle or Aggressive???
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't understand your question, I've watched the video, folks running around not getting stung. Bees not attacking, out here where I'm at if they are in attack mode everybody within a city block or more of the hive gets tagged, the closer you are to the hive the more times you gonna get tagged. Those bees were a swarm, they voluntarily left the original hive and are relocating, bees in swarm mode aren't aggressive (as a general rule) as they have no brood or food stores to defend.

Comment

I don't know but that makes my skin crawl lookin at all those suckers. Nasty....just plain nasty.

Comment

Those are real honey bees.

If they had been "african-nized" they would have swarmed something higher up.

In September we discovered a bee hive under the eave on the 2nd floor. Like a fool tried to use spray to clear them out. Needless to say I got stung, but it wasn't while I was on the ladder. I was a good 75' away.

Had to get a bee remover to handle it.

I'll upload the video later.

Per the BeeRemover African bees or colonized bees prefer their hives high up off the ground. Bees you find that are on the ground are going to be real honey bees.

Comment

Jp has some great removal videos . I have watched most of his videos .

Comment

Great Video ....

We followed an 18 wheeler with California plates from San Antonio to Houston yesterday hauling a full flat bed of bee boxes with the worker bees flying all over in a covered mesh tarp. Plenty were escaping and becoming windshield smears.

Never seen that before.
            He was headed eastbound, maybe to NO.
            Last edited by DaveC; 03-17-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Cooper is the da man!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                Great Video ....

We followed an 18 wheeler with California plates from San Antonio to Houston yesterday hauling a full flat bed of bee boxes with the worker bees flying all over in a covered mesh tarp. Plenty were escaping and becoming windshield smears.

Never seen that before.

He was headed eastbound, maybe to NO.

Commercial pollination guys . Probably heading to Florida for the citrus trees .

Comment

That lady in the background, “Why they ain’t trying to bite you?”

Comment

"I'm in the mist of it".
                    "I spots stuff like that".
                    LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
                      Commercial pollination guys . Probably heading to Florida for the citrus trees .

Interesting, thanks for the insight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X