Tore my right bicep today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tore my right bicep today

So an accident at the woods leads to a torn bicep. Spent most of the afternoon at the ER and have to call the orthopedic clinic tomorrow to get scheduled as soon as possible to have it looked at. All avenues look to lead to surgery. Please please please pray that maybe we can work this without having to have surgery. Dr. said the tear was not near the connective tissue but looks to have blood in the muscle fibers themselves which indicates a tear so maybe it wasn't as bad as I'm thinking but I don't know. The paperwork I got brought home with says surgery everywhere I'm asking for plenty of prayers that surgery is unnecessary please. Looks like my bow season is over before it starts, and I'm hoping this doesn't affect anything else, like me starting my new job on the 15th. Please pray.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear.... Any if it is surgery you have to have it done for future hunting. Best of luck and hope all goes well!

Comment

God bless! Good luck and thank god it wasn't anything more serious.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers, that's gotta be ruff

Comment

Better to lose one season now than trying to tough it out and lose two or more seasons--listen to the docs--they be smart.

Comment

Been there, tore mine at work rebuilding a pump was pulling on a 3/4 drive ratchet when I felt it roll up to my shoulder (tore mine from the elbow rolled up). I had the surgery couldn't use my arm for 6-8 weeks (maybe longer can't remember). Follow everything the docs tell you to do or will have problems later. It took me awhile to get my strength back even with following their plans. Take it slow and you should be back for next season. If you have any questions let me know.

Comment

Prayers sent.

Comment

I had a full distal tear a few years ago. I had it repaired. I was out of work for five months.I am strong in my left arm except while trying to stabilize my arm straight out. It is like I'm double jointed at my elbow and my elbow trys to pull in the opposite direction.

Best of luck with your repair and recovery.

Comment

Sent

Comment

Prayers sent bud!

Comment

Hope all goes well. Tore up my shoulder in late January and will be pushing it on time frame for archery season this year. Grab a crossbow if you have to have work done on it... Don't risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Take it slow and easy do what the doctors and therapist prescribe donot try and do your own therapy and cause more than what the doctor fixed

Comment

I have no idea how bad your tear is, I tore the one on my right arm several years ago. Did not get surgery. Some things still hurt when I do them. Many things don't. I'm good with my decision. What should you do? I have no idea. Kind of depends on what you're willing to live with I suppose.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X