How To Control Hog Population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
    Ted nugent and pigman in a helicopter with ar's and a pilot that served in Vietnam.

pretty sure the Vietnam vet would throw Ted out of the bird

my vote would be for wounded military heroes to handle this mission

Operation Search n Destroy
    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 05-17-2017, 07:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

State wide bounty

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
        Market hog meat as lean organic pork. Open slaughter houses. Once demand goes up, price will follow and everyone will be tripping over themselves to trap and make money.
        Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
        yeah but then you have a bunch of schmucks out there ruining our hunting and tearing up everything to get to that pay dirt
        ?? I don't get it. How or why?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
          State wide bounty
          I would love to see that. I can make some good pocket change on our place.

Comment

State wide bounty
            Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
            I would love to see that. I can make some good pocket change on our place.
            No money in that for Sid Miller, though.

Comment

I also would be a huge fan of the state wide bounty. Should be able to take the tail and ear or head or whatever to you local TPWD office and collect.

Comment

Poisoning is probably the only way to ever get a handle on them...

No sure if a bounty would do much good. you can already trap and sell them and i don't see too many people running out and trapping them.

Back when i was in college we used to murder them...We ran dogs 2-3 times a week and had up to 40 traps set and sold a bunch. We also shot them on site. We had a lot of farm land and they still trashed all the corn fields. Farmers hired a Helicopter and killed over 100 in the first 2 hrs. They ended up renting the heli twice a month and killed a bunch of pigs. They ended up buying their own heli and still kill tons of pigs.

So no shooting, trapping, doggin and heli's wont do it.....

Comment

State wide bounty
                  x2

Comment

Originally posted by yanta61 View Post
                    Poisoning is probably the only way to ever get a handle on them...

No sure if a bounty would do much good. you can already trap and sell them and i don't see too many people running out and trapping them.

Back when i was in college we used to murder them...We ran dogs 2-3 times a week and had up to 40 traps set and sold a bunch. We also shot them on site. We had a lot of farm land and they still trashed all the corn fields. Farmers hired a Helicopter and killed over 100 in the first 2 hrs. They ended up renting the heli twice a month and killed a bunch of pigs. They ended up buying their own heli and still kill tons of pigs.

So no shooting, trapping, doggin and heli's wont do it.....
                    If we ate them or liked to eat them like they do overseas prices would be double or triple. I bet people would trap them a heck of a lot more for triple what the price is today. Of course most won't trap them for 30-50 cents per pount..But $1.50 per lb there would be traps everywhere.

Comment

To trap and sell a live hog is a lot more involved than shooting them dead and cutting their ear off for proof of kill.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        If we ate them or liked to eat them like they do overseas prices would be double or triple. I bet people would trap them a heck of a lot more for triple what the price is today. Of course most won't trap them for 30-50 cents per pount..But $1.50 per lb there would be traps everywhere.

Your right, if the price per pound would go up, i would have all kinds of traps set.

Comment

One method will not do it. A little of everything should be implemented.

Comment

People need to quit feeding corn year round. Anyone notice the direct correlation between number of people starting to feed year round, and the number of pigs increasing?

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                              Ted nugent and pigman in a helicopter with ar's and a pilot that served in Vietnam.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Slocum View Post
                                People need to quit feeding corn year round. Anyone notice the direct correlation between number of people starting to feed year round, and the number of pigs increasing?
                                Folks need to put panels around their feeders

Comment

Working...
                                X