• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    When you get home you got a fishin trip waiting for you and little man
    Pick your poison and I will have a bottle, or a case for you, maybe both

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
      Don't have an anwser for that, but they gained a lot of stock for beating a team that had played Missouri State, South Alabama and Boise for wins.

I bet that changes some next week after WV....

Can't believe they are favored over WV anyway..

Comment

Texas appears to be the physically dominate team in the second half. They've outscored their last two "quality oponents" 42-3 in the second half. Solid growth from year one.
        What's surprising is Texas has gotten down early to both USC and TCU and fought their way back. I also like the fact the offense that has received a lot of criticism has put together two great drives at the end of both of those games to put it away.

They need to get over the slow start cause against teams like OU, WVU, Tech, etc they can not play from behind. I am not sure I trust this team to score enough points to make noise in the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
          I haven't watched Tech either, but after the last few weeks of putting up points... How did they manage to only score 27 on Ole Miss and lose to them? Ole Miss is horrible on defense, like bottom of the barrel bad. Did Tech have injuries?
          Hi! Well, our starting QB went down and our true fresh took over. He has been incredible...COULD...be one of the best QBs in Tech history. He is just so calm. Our D has firmed up too. Was sloppy vs. Ole Miss...too many big plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            I guess.
            Id rather have actual victories rather than moral ones, no matter how ugly....

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
              Id rather have actual victories rather than moral ones, no matter how ugly....
              It's interesting. During strongs tenure we read over and over here how people wanted to see improvement each game regardless of the final score. Same thing with Herman's first year. Suddenly when the Aggies celebrate improvement over the last couple years its moral victories.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                It's interesting. During strongs tenure we read over and over here how people wanted to see improvement each game regardless of the final score. Same thing with Herman's first year. Suddenly when the Aggies celebrate improvement over the last couple years its moral victories.
                Pretty sure the Ags on here blasted Texas for talking about moral victories last year in regards to improvement. Make no mistake, there are some positives you can take from a loss when a team is getting better but in the end the scoreboard is what matters.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowkill View Post
                  Not from me you didn't. I saw the same stuff posted you speak of and its all a bunch of BS. There aren't moral victories in sports. When you look back after the season and you're 5-7, nobody cares that you "almost won" a few of those losses and could have been 9-3.

I'm still not sold on this Longhorns team but the defense is definitely a bright spot and if they keep playing like they are, will keep our offense in ballgames. Hopefully the offense keeps coming around enough to keep winning.

Caden Sterns is fun to watch. I hope he can stay healthy because if that kid keeps it up he might be setting a new standard for DBU.
                  Last edited by Gclyde28; 09-24-2018, 09:17 AM.

Comment

The Aggies took a whooping from a really good Bama team. After watching this game, I am wondering if there is a team in the country that can play within 20 points of them. In the past, if you could shut down their run game, you had a chance but with this team, seems to play into their hand.
                    I was also impressed with team speed on their defense, especially in the back end. A&M just did not have the personnel to match.
                    Adios,
                    Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                      Not from me you didn't. I saw the same stuff posted you speak of and its all a bunch of BS. There aren't moral victories in sports. When you look back after the season and you're are 5-7, nobody cares that you "almost won" a few of those losses and could have been 9-3.

I'm still not sold on this Longhorns team but the defense is definitely a bright spot and if they keep playing like they are, will keep our offense in ballgames. Hopefully the offense keeps coming around enough to keep winning.

Caden Sterns is fun to watch. I hope he can stay healthy because if that kid keeps it up he might be setting a new standard for DBU.
                      I am in agreement with you. I dont have a dog in the fight either way. I just enjoy good CFB. My team is a lowely D2 team that is currently 1-3

Comment

The only quality matchup is in Happy Valley this weekend.....

TOSU vs Penn St

Bucks move to 5-0

Comment

This is much better and we know GP knows how to pressure QB’s.

Kid is making progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

This is much better and we know GP knows how to pressure QB’s.

Kid is making progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            He hung in and took some hits! I was impressed. I haven't seen very many of his games, but I'm assuming it's the best game he's played in a Longhorn jersey?

Comment

Ehlinger has certainly made progress, and I hope his accuracy continues to improve. He gets the ball to the recievers, just not always where they can make a play after the catch.

Comment

We have the Pac12 bottom dwellers OSU Beavers this weekend. Should be an easy W

Comment

Working...
                                X