No announcement yet.

Porch for a travel trailer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you want some pallets, I have some that have 3/4 plywood on top with no gaps you can have.

Comment

Bobby I got one at the house you can have. The kids were using it by the portable pool but the pool is leaking and its getting discarded as soon as I drain it. I dont want to store the little "deck/porch" thing that the ladder sits by.

Stop in and take a look at it, if it works for you then its yours.

Comment

I just always used that green indoor/outdoor carpet stuff. Can be washed pretty easy if it gets muddy. Can be rolled/folded up easily for storage.

Comment

Originally posted by HUNTIN HARD View Post
          If you want some pallets, I have some that have 3/4 plywood on top with no gaps you can have.
          Thanks! If I can find a way/reason to get down to Victoria, I'll take you up on that.

Originally posted by HCShooter
          Bobby I got one at the house you can have. The kids were using it by the portable pool but the pool is leaking and its getting discarded as soon as I drain it. I dont want to store the little "deck/porch" thing that the ladder sits by.
          Thanks Kurt. I'll come by and check it out!

Comment

Do that , I would hate to take it out and use it as a traget backing for that new pistol.

I think it will work well for you, its good and sturdy.

Pool is coming down this week so as soon as I remove the ladder you can have it , if it works for ya.

Comment

Since we're on the subject of free building materials...If anybody wants a bunch of sheet metal for free, we had a small barn on a new piece of property that collapsed and there's a bunch of sheet metal that's available to whoever wants it. We're just about an hour north of the Willis bridge on Lake Texoma, just off Hwy 377.
              -Cheryl

Comment

find someone with a blown down wood fence, cut it into sections big enough to handle or will fit on you trailer, add some runners under it for additional support and you have a portable porch. 2- 6x8 sections will make a nice porch area.

Comment

Chew, I'm betting your gonna keep this lease for awhile. Find two pallets (oak) and buy an 8-10 width by about 6 foot length piece of linoleum and a box of roofing nails and 1 1/4" piece of plywood. Pallets should be 48X48 maybe 48X52 but butt them together plywood top and wrap in linoleum. should give you enough area to take off boots and not get socks wet from carpet.

Build an awning then a good porch and stay awhile!

Comment

Wanted to bump this to the top.

I just bought an old travel trailer that's already on my lease. Any ideas/plans on how to build a covered porch? I like the portable concrete block idea.

I'm thinking of using 1x6s as the floor, since plywood tends to rot fairly quickly.

Thoughts?

Comment

I've got a pallet that's almost 7' square i think. I was goin to build a stand and use ut for a base, but I've gotten off my lease this year. If you come through Lufkin and can take it home, shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up!

Last year I used another pallet as a porch for my camper. Screwed some plywood on top and used 4 cynder blocks to keep it off the ground. Worked great.

Comment

When I had my camper is used 6 pallets and covered them with plywood then covered this up with outdoor carpet. I had it out inthe weather for 3 years with no problems. I got a new camp this year and this is my porch below. It is not a very good picture but this is my newcamp with porch. It is a 8x16 porch the bottom is made of 4x4 and the top is 2x8. I got it from a machine shop that had a pc. of equipment arrive on it so it was free as they were fixing to bust it apart ad throw it so if you know someone in the oilfield or at a machie shop they may come across something similar to this. They are getting me another one soon so I will attach it to this one.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by RaginCagin; 07-23-2009, 11:19 AM.

Comment

First one was built from old concrete forms.. it was free.. still standing after 3 years.
                          But I now have this one..
                          Attached Files

Comment

one of the guys on my place is a dealer for the synthetic stuff they use for boat docks and trailer bottoms

my deck has been there for four years, so I haven't needed any, but I'll see if he can get the stuff for less than retail.

it's really nice stuff, and the dirt just falls between the slats.

edit: I like this avatar better, but this is rob, or rod, or whoever posting.

Comment

4 landscape timbers 4x8 and 12 or 16 5/8" x 6" x 6' Cedar Dog-Ear Fence Board. nice little deck and a very cheap price....

Comment

Working...
                              X