Has Anyone Hunted the Saner Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has Anyone Hunted the Saner Ranch

SMR1987 won a guided hunt at the Saner Ranch in an auction on Saturday, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the ranch or if anyone has been on any hunts there?

It's a 4 man, 3 day guided hunt!

If it is the one off of 481 in maverick co. than I have.

Comment

I hunted it (or at least a 20K section of it) about 15 years ago (on a corporate invite hunt) for one weekend.

Classic "golden triangle" hunting...VERY nice ranch with good deer. I didn't shoot anything because I was holding out for a monster. I certainly COULD have gotten one in the 140-150 range if I had wanted to.

Comment

Me and my dad were on that ranch for two years. It was 3 years ago. Our group killed some nice deer, the biggest being a 168 typical 10pt. and many 150's-160's.

Comment

Have a buddy that hunted a portion of that ranch for 5 years. He took a 190 and a couple of his hunters took 160's. To hear him talk it was a great place.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks!

Yeah, it's kind of a lucky situation. The hunt was at an auction, and nobody was bidding on it! SMR1987 got a call about the hunt, and bought it for a very cheap price!

I know the area very well, and of some bucks that have been taken by neighboring ranches.

Is it high fence or low fence?

Comment

Low fence.

Comment

Hunted there last 3 years good no great ranch!!

Comment

what?

Comment

Working...
                  X