Grill Table - Weber Kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grill Table - Weber Kettle

Here is a little project I put together over the holiday but haven't had a chance to use it yet. I became tired of putting my grill close to something to work off of for food staging and plating and looked at a few ideas on several sites.

I went with this simple design (28"x72") and although personally untested, others have built similar tables using the Weber Kettle, either keeping the legs attached or suspending it in some fashion. I added casters so I can move it anywhere and it's just 2-4x4, 4-2x4 and 5-Deck Boards, all together about $65. I used some 3" mending plates to suspend and offset the kettle by an inch from the wood. I don't think I'll get any wood charring as the fire is down low in the basin but I can either add another inch of airspace or flashing if needed very easily.

All in all it was was fun project since it rained so much over the weekend. I added a Shiner Starr X opener and will add a simple tool/spice rack to the uprights. I added my ash pan this evening and hung it below the vents in it's original location with wire. I will add a Rubbermaid storage container for my lump charcoal and starting material.

I plan to only seal the table top but I will wait at least a month as the boards were very wet and green during assembly. Is this about right? I had someone tell me to wait 6 months. It will be out of the weather. I did sand the top smooth today, it's nice and slick.

Here it is,,,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill Table 1 Medium.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	24919642
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Grill Table 2 Medium.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	24919643

grill project

very nice!

Comment

sweet

Comment

Awesome!

tending the fire,
        Bob G.

Comment

Man that is heavy duty. Great job!

Comment

Cool idea

Comment

That is an awesome idea!

Comment

greatness... i will use this...... thanks...

Comment

Nice work! I have a smaller Weber that a mini-version of that would provide some much needed workspace when cooking. How will you deal with dropping/ catching the ash now that the aluminum dish is not underneath now?

Comment

thats purdy slick...

Comment

Nice wood work, let us know how it works and how the wood holds up to the heat

Comment

Comment

Bill, I hung the ash pan back under the vents with wire. I think it will work fine as it's closer to the bowl already. Some setups actually have a galvanized water pail hunter from the wing nut on the vents. I'll modify if necessary but it should suffice.

Comment

Pretty kool

Comment

hell yeah, that'll work. complete with bottle top opener !

Comment

Working...
                              X