Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love to see how it come out.

Comment

Everything is bigger in Texas!!! Well I filled with water once and drained then filled with 4 gallons of soap and water then drained. Gonna fill with soap and water once more and hopefully get the doors cut this week. Still smells like mercaptain anywhere near

Comment

great

Comment

I have cut into many with just filling once with water and then cutting away. It always still feels a little spooky until that first hole is blown.

Comment

Yah I was planning on one fill with water then cutting but the mercaptan was still smelling horribly so I got scared and filled again. Hopefully will have time to get some metal, map out the doors and get to cutting soon

Comment

Your future smoker is gifted.

in

Comment

Subscribed

Comment

Following this one, I have an axle set aside for one but it's not gonna be near that size!

Comment

Any more progress today?

Comment

Comment

No progress today. Had a continuing education class for my irrigation license. Gonna fill her with soapy water again tomorrow and hopefully get to cutting as well

Comment

Just as soon as I thought we were slow, we got slammed with a few bigger jobs so I haven't had anytime to put into the smoker build. My neighbor did call the Fort Worth Fire Department because he thought the mercaptan smell was a gas leak. I peaked my head over the fence and told the fireman what I was doing and they laughed and left faster than they arrived. Its filling up with water for the 4th time as we speak and Im going to be in Norman all weekend for Bedlam so the project will have to wait till early next week.

Comment

That's going to be one big pit

Comment

So I have a little down time today and am going to get the doors cut out. Here is a picture of the plans I have laid out. The doors are going to be around 30 1/3 inches with 4 inch gaps for temp gauges. And the firebox is going to be around 3 feet long. Pics
                              Attached Files

Comment

Started Cutting the doors. DIDNT BLOW UP. A little scary the first time around. Pics
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X