What are you doing to your lawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
    I dont want to derail the thread, but I have a new yard, I just fenced out of a pasture, and im curious when I should start planting st augustine? Theres some pasture grass, but mainly just bare select fill dirt.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    As soon as possible because the pasture grass will be so thick you cant get it out of there!

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
      As soon as possible because the pasture grass will be so thick you cant get it out of there!
      I guess I will spray it this weekend then and see about getting some grass soon. I assume tilling it up will be the best way to go?

Comment

Nothing

Comment

I guess I will spray it this weekend then and see about getting some grass soon. I assume tilling it up will be the best way to go?

If you spray with round up you can plant within 2 weeks. Any high end concentrates like eraser will stay in the soil for 1-3 months and will continually slowly releasing and killing everything. And if you have a tiller I would set it to till 1-2 inches deep then let the dirt settle and lay your grass. Once you get the grass in make sure you soak it in real good (where it’s too squishy to walk on) so it takes root. The more water you put up front the better it will grow. If you spray in a week or so and let the weed killer do it job then till 2 weeks after then lay your grass a week after that you should be about perfect on timing as far as when grass starts growing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
            If you spray with round up you can plant within 2 weeks. Any high end concentrates like eraser will stay in the soil for 1-3 months and will continually slowly releasing and killing everything. And if you have a tiller I would set it to till 1-2 inches deep then let the dirt settle and lay your grass. Once you get the grass in make sure you soak it in real good (where it’s too squishy to walk on) so it takes root. The more water you put up front the better it will grow. If you spray in a week or so and let the weed killer do it job then till 2 weeks after then lay your grass a week after that you should be about perfect on timing as far as when grass starts growing!

Awesome, thank you!

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

No problem! I do this stuff year round! Lol

Comment

Awesome, thank you!

Beware where you purchase your new sod. A lot of st. Augustine grasses coming out of winter dormancy stage have tons of grassy weed seed waiting to explode.

Comment

ignoring it, as usual.....

it usually greens up where the dogs poop.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                    Beware where you purchase your new sod. A lot of st. Augustine grasses coming out of winter dormancy stage have tons of grassy weed seed waiting to explode.
                    Any suggestions within an hour or so of Brenham?

Comment

Can hit it with a weed and feed after rooted to green it up and kill the weeds. It’s been a wet winter and I don’t think you’ll be able to get any super clean grass yet!

Comment

Also once it warms up spread Bifenthrin granules on the front and back yard and make sure to broadcast some into the flower beds.

Fire ants will leave you alone and it really helps with skeeters too.

Comment

From what i 've seen of my non-green thumb. The less I do the better my lawn looks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech38 View Post
                            Nothing
                            Ditto. She’ll be green soon enough.

Comment

Any suggestions within an hour or so of Brenham?

Yes sir I do! All American Stone@Turf in College Station

Guaranteed to be weed free

Comment

Yes sir I do! All American Stone@Turf in College Station

Guaranteed to be weed free
                                Cool. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X