No announcement yet.

Wild Hog Sausage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If your really wanting to get into making sausages and other cured products i would recommend looking at some of the sites i listed below. You will find tons of recipe and tips on how to go about making sausages and other products.

Hank Shaw's website featuring more than 1200 wild game recipes, fish and seafood recipes, foraging tips, fermentation, preserving, and pasta.

Meats and sausages provides information on how to make sausages, methods for smoking meats and plans for smokehouses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
      If your really wanting to get into making sausages and other cured products i would recommend looking at some of the sites i listed below. You will find tons of recipe and tips on how to go about making sausages and other products.

Hank Shaw's website featuring more than 1200 wild game recipes, fish and seafood recipes, foraging tips, fermentation, preserving, and pasta.

https://www.meatsandsausages.com/

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^

Comment

Eat it up,

Comment

I made 24 lbs of breakfast sausage this morning. I went with the fiesta seasoning kit from academy. My mixture was 15 lbs of wild pork, 3lbs bacon ends,and 6 pounds Boston butt. I made 14 pounds with just the fiesta blend and the last 10 pounds I added more red pepper flakes. I will report back in the morning after I cook some up.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
              I made 24 lbs of breakfast sausage this morning. I went with the fiesta seasoning kit from academy. My mixture was 15 lbs of wild pork, 3lbs bacon ends,and 6 pounds Boston butt. I made 14 pounds with just the fiesta blend and the last 10 pounds I added more red pepper flakes. I will report back in the morning after I cook some up.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Fiesta seasoning, as in Bolner's Fiesta?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLizaMarie View Post
                Awesome! Can't wait to hear how it turns out! Fiesta seasoning, as in Bolner's Fiesta?

Yes that’s the one.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0830.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	24523665
                  A picture of the setup.

Comment

Got a pan of each frying up taste test will be soon. I plan on making breakfast sausage egg muffins this morning.

Comment

Got a pan of each frying up taste test will be soon. I plan on making breakfast sausage egg muffins this morning.

Oh boy!!!

Comment

First taste I’d say it’s spot on! The spicy isn’t overwhelming but you can taste a little heat! So far this is a win. The mixture is still very lean.

Comment

I've also been using the Academy spices for a few years, they are great; I even use their stuff to make my bacon.

I use 70% pork 30% lean (lean can be anything from goat, to deer) mix when grinding usually, I add fat until it looks right.

I don't have a smoker so I freeze and can.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0834.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24523669
                            The egg muffins are done.

Comment

First taste I’d say it’s spot on! The spicy isn’t overwhelming but you can taste a little heat! So far this is a win. The mixture is still very lean.

Cool!! Would you add more fat next time?

Comment

Originally posted by LittleLizaMarie View Post
                                Cool!! Would you add more fat next time?

Yeah I think another 2-3 pounds of pure fat would make it perfect. However it’s nice to know I’m not consuming any more calories than I do already.

Comment

Working...
                                X