Las Vegas Mass Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
    But he didn't. And post 9-11, they took drastic new security measures to prevent that. What new measures do you approve here?

Ps. Nice to have a civilized debate. Nothing personal.
    Originally posted by M16 View Post
    Unfortunately there are risks living in a free society. I don't support any new measures to legislate inanimate objects.

Ps. agreed.
    I agree. No new measures. It would just be more government BS that wouldn't stop the next guy.

IMO we need to think about going back towards the old days with less restrictions and "measures". At least look at how many billions or trillions we're using trying to put up road blocks that are easy to go around and see if there's a better way to spend the money. Can't give suggestions because we never know what sets these people off. But if it's because of an unfair system of some kind, fix the system. If it's mental health, focus on that.

Comment

As you probably guessed, I don't own any. Never saw a need. Never had a want. I prefer other toys like bows, boats, fishing reels, etc. I own plenty of bolt action rifles, shot guns and a few pistols. So I guess I am living by my words?
      If you don't own any then yes, you couldn't be called a hypocrite.

Comment

There isn't one law that could have stopped this guy from killing a lot of people. With a crowd that big and dense, a Uhaul truck could have been just as devastating.

The fundamental flaw with the gun control advocate's argument, is that they refuse to acknowledge that evil people exist. They think everyone is a rational person and acts as such. Which is why they think laws will work. The people that do these type of things care nothing for human life, and are committing the most heinous crime, and act against human decency/morality that you can. Why would they care about laws regarding obtaining and possessing firearms?

People have been doing horrible, horrible &%^$ since the beginning of man kind. It's just a sad fact of being human. These type of tragedies are going to happen from time to time and no laws, regulations or rules can stop them.

Diving into statistics, handguns are used overwhelmingly more often in shootings and mass shootings. That alone proves there is a political agenda here.

Comment

As for what may have set Paddock off, retired FBI profiler Jim Clemente speculated that there was "some sort of major trigger in his life — a great loss, a breakup, or maybe he just found out he has a terminal disease."
          Clemente said a "psychological autopsy" may be necessary to try to establish the motive. If the suicide didn't destroy Paddock's brain, experts may even find a neurological disorder or malformation, he said.
          He said there could be a genetic component to the slaughter: Paddock's father was a bank robber who was on the FBI's most-wanted list in the 1960s and was diagnosed a psychopath. The genetics load the gun, personality and psychology aim it, and experiences pull the trigger, typically," Clemente said.

While we are discussing taking the rights away from gun owners, I think you need to assess taking the rights away from psychopaths. Maybe even the children of psychopaths. Once you go down the rabbit hole of stripping rights away from Americans, where exactly does it end?

Comment

Also, why was there no talks of gun control when a Sudanese immigrant shot up a church for racial reasons, and was only stopped from killing many more people by a good guy with a gun? hmmmmmmm..........

Comment

As you probably guessed, I don't own any. Never saw a need. Never had a want. I prefer other toys like bows, boats, fishing reels, etc. I own plenty of bolt action rifles, shot guns and a few pistols. So I guess I am living by my words?
              Are any of your pistols or shotguns semi automatic? If yes, then no you are not.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

In an average month, 84 people are murdered in Chicago.
                Solution: We should outlaw low-riding cars with hydraulics.

Every year in America, over 40,000 people commit suicide.
                Solution: We should ban tall buildings, Unisom and rope.

This makes as much sense as banning a single firearm. These statistics are real and the liberals and anti-gun crowd don't give a crap about them. Why? It's not politically expedient. In fact, those stats are a detriment. Gun control isn't about controlling guns. It's about controlling people.

The only reason this shooting and gun control is a topic of discussion is political. It is standing on the souls of the dead for political gain and it is abhorrent.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                  Are any of your pistols or shotguns semi automatic? If yes, then no you are not.

I've made my personal stance clear. Bolt action rifles, shotguns and pistols.

Comment

Your personal stance has absolutely no right to interfere with my rights, like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                      Your personal stance has absolutely no right to interfere with my rights, like it or not.
                      Is it interfering?

Comment

So youre perfectly ok with a Glock with a 100 rd drum mag? Just as long as it isnt a rifle? Where is your line drawn? Just trying to wrap my head around the logic.

Comment

So youre perfectly ok with a Glock with a 100 rd drum mag? Just as long as it isnt a rifle? Where is your line drawn? Just trying to wrap my head around the logic.

No logic. All emotions.

Comment

Nope. Against high capacity mags, too.

Comment

You give up one what makes you think that the government won't come after others? What you fail to realize this isn't about protecting lives its about government taking away your right to defend yourself against them. If they truly thought gun control was about protecting lives they would be advocating doing something in Chicago. But they play on the emotions of sheep like yourself in times of tragedy.

Comment

Nope. Against high capacity mags, too.
                                Hillary? Is that you?

Comment

Working...
                                X