Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow bloodhound.....you've taken ana! to an all new level

at least this group, seems to set a poor example for youth hunters
    I've been on this site for years and know quite a few TBHers and the majority take their kids hunting & fishing are teach them the ethics of the sport. In my book you're WAY out of line with this statement.

This thread is troubling to me due to my high ethical standards. I will not knowingly violate a game or fish law.
    that's all fine and dandy but nowhere on this thread has anyone said they would knowingly violate a game or fish law.....they've just addressed the mistake and how the GW handled it

Texag87, I again am compelled to suggest that you stick to the 24 inch spread for deer so that you don't kill or wound an illegal buck. I feel silly recommending this to some of you guys since we are all adults here.
    buddy, you don't even now me....I've hunted for a lot of years and can age/judge deer....didn't know this thread was about a mistake kill that I made

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BassMaster13
    good thing he didn't give them a ticket.. heck i know guys make a 13 1/2 in bass 14 inches all the time.. its all about how you hold the tape.. lol

I hate to be disagreeable, Bass Master 13, but it's not how you hold the tape. No one be misled by this irresponsible statement. Read the regulations and you'll know how to measure fish. It is unambiguous.
    ok genious......bassmaster13 ended his post with lol.......lol means laugh out loud.....that basically means he was joking

lighten up dude....hope you have a good hunt....that said we probably shouldn't ever share a deer camp together...I enjoy safety, ethics, and a good time......ana! - not so much

Comment

If my kids can come home from school and tell me why I should recycle and explain global warming to me at ages 5 and 7 I'm sure they can understand the 13" rule. Its all a matter of doing the right thing or wrong thing. If you shoot a deer that is under 13" contact your game warden don't try to hide it. Just another reason why youth season should be after the general season.

Lance

Comment

I love when people boast of their high ethics in an attempt to show how much better a person/hunter they are.
        I especially like it when they use examples of how they have lived the perfect life and never bent/broken/twisted any rules what-so-ever.
        Karma usually hit's those one's hard.. and for my fellow God fearing brethern, I believe theres something about those that claim to not have sinned just commited a big one.

Back on topic, GW's , as with all LEO's are granted discretion as part of their job - because laws can be applied to circumstances..and are not intended to be a end-all set in stone commandment. They are to be used as a measure of order.. not the order.

I doubt any of you that claim they would never even think of shooting a buck with anything close to a 13" spread would have hestitated for a second on the buck being reported to have been taken recently by Lee Lakowsky.
        It had a 14" spread and is being reported as an absolute monster.

A quarter inch is less than the word inch in this forum... ethic fanatics or not.. the GW's discretion was absolutely in the right place in this case.
        Be carefull imposing your ethics on others or slamming others for their differentiating views.
        PETA uses ethics as it's reason for being too.

Comment

Originally posted by LWolken View Post
          If you shoot a deer that is under 13" contact your game warden don't try to hide it.

You do that...

^^^^^^^^^^
          see stinger's 1/8" post...there have been others here who have had citations given for doing the right thing...only to hit them in the wallet. Not very good advice to give to a tbh member who makes a 1/4" or any other honest mistake.

Next time you go over the speed limit, will you call a black & white to fess up

Comment

Sounds like the GW was fair.

Comment

Working...
            X