Angelina National Forest 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angelina National Forest 2016-2017

Anyone have pics of big NF deer this year?

Do you live in ridgewood apartments helm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I do

Comment

Originally posted by HelmCrusher View Post
        Yeah I do

Ah ok, I saw your post the other day about a sticker sighting at HEB. I had saw your truck a few weeks before and was wondering who it was. I'm right down the street from you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I will get my camera out in the woods tomorrow. I tried post a picture of a good buck from last Nov, but I will have to figure out how. The instructions and my screens do not match. I have not been on this site in 10 years. Just started hunting again last year. That buck and the others are probably still there and a little bigger.

Note: Just found I need to make 5 post first. I'll go say hi on other forums and try again,
          Last edited by RogerBTX; 08-19-2016, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Roger hope you can get it uploaded. I saw some great ones on camera last year but moved my cameras to the lease I got onto this year. I think I'll go put up my old glitchy cameras out next weekend and hope for the best.

Comment

Headed up there tomorrow morning to hopefully do a little scouting and put out a camera or two.

Comment

This is one buck my cousin and I got several pics of last year. Daytime pics also. Maybe he will be a 10 this year.
                Attached Files

Comment

Re: big bucks in Angelina

Me and a buddy of mine rode through the Angelina National Forest off of 62 about a month and a half ago. We were looking for hogs with Night vision equipment and counted five deer crossing the roads. They are out there that's for sure.

Comment

Checked my camera Saturday. It was out 21 days and I had 22 incidents (not counting more pics same deer at same time). 5 were bucks with 2 in evening, 1 just before daylight and two night. All bucks in major or minor activity times. 15 were does, a few of those where pairs, and 2 IDK what they were.

This spot is nothing more than I put the camera on a scrape last year. No structure or funnel. Apparently it is in a traveling area.

Might be three different bucks and just barely shooters, if so. No big ones yet.

Zero hog sign. checked out some new areas. I need another camera. Might have found a community scrape.

Comment

Which side of the angelina

Do you guys hunt the Angelina north of Rayburn or south side near Boykin springs?

Comment

I'm not sure why I've never even looked into hunting the Angelina. I have been in Sabine my entire life.

Comment

Boykin area sure has a lot of deer.

Comment

We are west of Boykin Springs. I made a 4-mile hike south of Boykin Springss on old roads and some off-road Saturday. Lots of tracks in the sand. So do not know if it is daylight movement. Just have to wait out the heat and 100's of squirrel hunters the the first week of archery. I imagine where I was will be crowded at times. Last year I heard shotgun blast every minute for 2 hours on opening morning.

Comment

Young bucks are getting horny. Found six or more scrapes Saturday while scouting a new area. Set out a trail camera on a site that looked to be an annual scrape site that I found on the last trip. Cousin set two cams near the new scrapes. Those new scrapes were in an area he found while turkey hunting. Many rubs with deep gouges in the tree.

Did not have time to hike back into the area to check my first camera. Guess I'll check it opening day and look for hog sign. Squirrel hunters were thick in there last year, so opening day may be a stalking/ scouting trip. Last year there were shotgun blast every 15 seconds for two hours.

Comment

Working...
                              X