X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry double post.
    Last edited by kfd82; 06-20-2008, 08:39 PM. Reason: posted twice

Comment

Just read on that site that one of those portable jump starters will rin it for 27 hours.

So if you already have one of those you are good to go!

Comment

look at the honda genarators there really quiet you can have a normal conversation right buy it without yelling, or you can build like a wooden box for it. When you build it just leave the font of it off so once your finish you sound just has the top the back and the sides and have the front missing.

Comment

check out Q link
          quiet and designed after the hondas
          i picked up a new one for 3500w for 275 reg price is 550
          some guy sells them new with electric start that cheap on craigslist

Comment

I agree with the long extension cord idea. It works.
            Last edited by CastAndBlast; 06-21-2008, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad75 View Post
              This is a 4 stroke engine and I was thinking about the shroud and the plywood ideas but was wanting to see what else was out there.

Thanks guys!!
              The shroud works well but instead of plywood I have used the insulation board (not real sure of the name) I had 3 sides and a top. Plus it's light wieght.

Comment

I tried one of the "super quite" ATV mufflers.............DID NOT work. 1st it didn't make much difference and most importantly it created so much back pressure that the blow by oil clogged the air filter and killed the generator at 3am.

I might try the car muffler though.

Comment

If you build a box to fit around it, leave at least a foot from the generator to the walls for air flow. You don't want to overheat the generator, that would be expensive.

Comment

honda..

Comment

Originally posted by Dahmer View Post
                      Brad PM me the dimensions of your generator and I will build you a muffling box to put it in this week at work. I'll bring it out to you in a couple weeks and you will be good to go.
                      Nice gesture.

Comment

I was sucessful making one of the three sided covers(KEITH) using A/C duct board (KEEP).
                        I cut it and taped the parts so it would fold flat with metalic tape "hinges"and pinned the unit together with framing nails. When finished with it , I pull the nails out, fold it flat and stow it.
                        This coupled with a 100' extention cord (CASTANDBLAST)made for a quiet , lightweight, compact storable cover.

Comment

Working...
                        X