Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm Going Elk Hunting in CO - Help Me With Gear Recommendations! (Video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good resource! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My Flickr Photos

Comment

I guess I'm the contrarian when it comes to shoes. I use the same ones I backpack in for hunting. Oboz low cut hiking shoes. If you've done your work with weight on your back your ankles will handle the terrain. They dry quickly, there light, and with gators and traction I've even traversed spring snowpack.

Comment

It's starting to come together. One of the biggest (and most expensive) puzzle pieces arrived yesterday!

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Nice looking pack. Is that the medium size belt pouch?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cram369 View Post
            Nice looking pack. Is that the medium size belt pouch?

Yes. Just for the photo, I put one medium pouch on the left hip and one at the bottom of the pack.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks. Was looking at getting a medium pouch to run on left hip.

Comment

Thanks. Was looking at getting a medium pouch to run on left hip.

I think it will work pretty well.

I also picked up a set of the Ultralight pullouts to help organize.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I also bought the Native pack with the intent to possibly run as a lid (if I need more capacity) or just as a daypack for whitetail hunts.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

I was planning on getting the guide lid, nalgene holder, and medium belt pouch for this fall, but ordered a new bow for my son. Which pack did you get?

Comment

I was planning on getting the guide lid, nalgene holder, and medium belt pouch for this fall, but ordered a new bow for my son. Which pack did you get?

I got the Cavern based on large part on Aron's recommendation. What pack do you have?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Got the Reckoning. I'm planning on hunting White tail on public land some, and the load shelf holds my hang on stand, and climbing sticks go in bag.

Comment

Got the Reckoning. I'm planning on hunting White tail on public land some, and the load shelf holds my hang on stand, and climbing sticks go in bag.

The Reckoning was on the short list. It is very similar to the Cavern (with identical independent compression system). Have you hunted with yours yet? How do you like it?

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                            I will disagree with a sidearm being a requirement. Every bear I've ever seen in Colorado was tripping over itself to escape, cubs included.

If you are so close to a sow she feels defense is the only option, she will have you on the ground before you can pull your sidearm.

Awareness is the best defense.

I would not disagree being aware is key but there are times when its just a **** happens deal , like in my case .

I was within 25 yards .. But my opinion & you have yours.. I will carry just like I do every day no different there than here ..

Honestly I do not recall seeing one guy without a side arm while hunting though ..

Comment

First backpack hunt with it will be September. Versatility was reason for going with it. Works great for moving hang on set up, and can be expanded enough for 7-12 day trip in September. Have only put 30 -40 miles on it.

Comment

I do carry bow(on NAP Apache sling), bino harness, GPS, and range finder as well as pack. Finish my hike with 6-12 arrows and 50 yds with everything on.
                                Originally posted by Michael View Post
                                The Reckoning was on the short list. It is very similar to the Cavern (with identical independent compression system). Have you hunted with yours yet? How do you like it?

Comment

Working...
                                X