ATV trailer re-build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
    This is the trailer I use right now, but I’m out west as well so it eats up those little street tires, breaks tail lights and it’s just not very heavy duty.
    I need a tough little trailer ! Yours is the goal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have the same trailer you are using now and it bounces badly on the rough ranch roads going to build something my self if I can find a cheap trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
      I have the same trailer you are using now and it bounces badly on the rough ranch roads going to build something my self if I can find a cheap trailer.

Lol ya it’s noisy and bouncy in west Texas. I’m looking forward to the new dead animal/ corn hauler

Comment

ATV tires are the way to go.....

Comment

I have 4 bolt ATV rims and tires off my Honda so I hope they fit
          Your Honda rims are probably a 4/110 bolt pattern. That is 4 bolts on a 110 mm bolt circle. Most of the trailer hubs I’ve worked with are 4/4 which is 4 bolts on a 4 inch bolt circle. So the Honda bolt pattern is slightly larger than the trailer bolt pattern. Also, the center hub on the trailer hubs I’ve used are larger than the Honda rims. The options are buy wheels that will fit your hubs and tires, modify the Honda rims to fit the trailer hubs or use wheel adapters. You definitely want ATV tires for rough terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
            Your Honda rims are probably a 4/110 bolt pattern. That is 4 bolts on a 110 mm bolt circle. Most of the trailer hubs I’ve worked with are 4/4 which is 4 bolts on a 4 inch bolt circle. So the Honda bolt pattern is slightly larger than the trailer bolt pattern. Also, the center hub on the trailer hubs I’ve used are larger than the Honda rims. The options are buy wheels that will fit your hubs and tires, modify the Honda rims to fit the trailer hubs or use wheel adapters. You definitely want ATV tires for rough terrain.

Thanks a bunch man. I’m going to look into adapters.

Comment

There was a thread on here of a trailer build and he had a link to adapters he bought off of Amazon do a search and bet you can find it.

Comment

Tons of options for thickness and hole spacings on eBay.

Comment

the green one above is the one I built from a Harbor Frieght trailer 4'x4' Best thing I have done for filling feeders. Used 1x6 treated decking. Had it for a few years now and I going to use it again tomorrow, have 1200 pounds of corn in the back of the truck now.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bowtech32; 06-29-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Cool helps!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                      the green one above is the one I built from a Harbor Frieght trailer 4'x4' Best thing I have done for filling feeders. Used 1x6 treated decking. Had it for a few years now and I going to use it again tomorrow, have 1200 pounds of corn in the back of the truck now.
                      Great build ! How much corn can you put in it at one time ?

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        Tons of options for thickness and hole spacings on eBay.

These are next on my list. Still waiting on my buddy to weld up the corners (angle) so I can add the decking / siding.

Comment

Great build ! How much corn can you put in it at one time ?
                          Trailer is rated just a bit over 1000 pounds, here is a pic with 9 50 pound bags of corn. I have had 20 bags in it before, but 20 bags is about all you can get in it without them sliding out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                            Trailer is rated just a bit over 1000 pounds, here is a pic with 9 50 pound bags of corn. I have had 20 bags in it before, but 20 bags is about all you can get in it without them sliding out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
                            sounds great man thanks. My feeder holds 13 bags so we are good !!!

Comment

Did some wood cutting today. Gotta weld the corners and oil the wood. Add some strap rings and extras !!!
                              Soon I hope.

Comment

That will work just fine, those little trailers are awsume. Also loading deer, much easier than loading them in a bed of a sxs or rack on a 4 wheeler

Comment

Working...
                                X