Brief me on Borger, Texas please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brief me on Borger, Texas please...

Well it looks like I’ll be working in the panhandle area from about mid January until Mid April.

So far I’m not hearing too many positive things about the area but being the optimist that I am plus a real diehard Texas fan in general I’m still seeking things to do in my limited off time while there.

It seems like most attractions are in Amarillo.

I’m especially interested in any outdoor related activities, especially shooting and hunting.

Thanks!

Lake Merideth

All I got.

Comment

Not much in Borger, stay in Amarillo for housing. Some neat state parks up there. Weather is crazy and changes quickly.

Comment

Borger may be one of the worst towns in Texas. I worked at the ConocoPhillips plant from 09-11. We lived in Fritch, which wasn't great but better than Borger. Palo Duro Canyon is nice, and we enjoyed going to Amarillo. Shop at United over Lowes. I still go back every year to duck and goose hunt. But no amount of money would make me live there again. Oh, and if you don't like the weather wait 5 minutes and you'll hate it even more. Lol

Comment

A lot of wind and dirt.

Comment

North of Borger is Adobe Walls, site of a historic Indian battle. Eat at the Plaza. There is an archery club there with an indoor range. Two golf courses. Movie theater.

Amarillo for most things.

Comment

Award winning tumbleweeds.

Comment

Get a good coat. The winters are brutal up there. I have seen wind chills of -50. Amarillo is nice. People are very friendly. I ran the Abuelos in Amarillo for 7 years. My wife and I only moved to Lubbock to be closer to family.

Comment

The in-laws own Dyer's Barbeque in Amarillo and Pampa. Great eating.

Comment

Yep, it's tough country... Meredith is nice, and the water is up! ample places to shoot your bow, miles and miles of roadside! And I 2nd the crazy weather, ALOT more snow than I expected, and saw freezing weather later than I would have ever thought (may, June).. overall I enjoyed it

Comment

I hear there is a pretty girl behind every tree in Borger.

Comment

I had a bunch of friends from college who were from Borger. Not one of them moved back after graduating.

Comment

middle of nowhere

Comment

I’ll be towing my travel trailer up there to stay in.

Does anyone know the best RV park to use?

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                              I hear there is a pretty girl behind every tree in Borger.
                              Being from the panhandle, this is hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                              X