No announcement yet.

What are you doing to your lawn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tagged for Spring of 2021 maybe if I have time.

Comment

Scotts weed and feed today or tomorrow before the rain

Comment

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
        What is the type of f Round Up you use and what is the concentrate?
        I use Ranger pro glyphosate at about 5% per the label. I think it is about 6oz per gallon but I'd have to look at the label to be for sure. I just spot sprayed this time. I'd recommend putting dye in it so you can tell what you've already sprayed. It really helps.

Comment

Almost my entire lawn contracted brown patch over the winter. I put St. Augustine on top of a septic drain field which I hope wasn't a big mistake. It sure looked pretty from May until October, and I hardly had to water it except for in late July. I don't know what to do.

Comment

What mix for centipede?

Comment

Tagging tonstay in schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                Tagging tonstay in schedule
                Sad to see my old post up there. I wish brown patch was my biggest problem now. My whole **** yard is infested with weeds now. I think the septic fed the weeds all winter while the St. Aug was dormant.

Researching RL's weed tips now.

Comment

Some people say that the Randy Lemmon schedule will wind up costing a lot of $$$, and not much to show for it.

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                    Where is the best place to get St Augustine around San Antonio/Boerne area?
                    Look up king ranch turfgrass.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Comment

The ol Randy Lemon schedule probably is good but that is way too much deep thinking for me. The old Scott’s or 13/13/13 has worked well over the years.

Comment

I think his schedule works well, but is overdoing it and is mainly to drive sales for his sponsors. Also, if you are like me and don’t have a sprinkler system, I’m not sure it’s necessary. I weed and feed twice and use the barricade preemergent twice a year. It works well

Comment

I'm hoping mine completely dies and I never have to now again.

Comment

What are you doing to your lawn?

I’ve followed lemmon and schedule for the last two years. My winter weeds were worse this year than I have ever seen. Going back to just Scott’s bonus S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I followed Randy Lemmon last year and saw an improvement. Hoping the second year will show further improvement. Last weekend I applied the first round of barricade and fertilizer

Comment

If you’re in North central Texas and the DFW metroplex, I would follow Neil Sperry’s schedule. He’s been a reliable resource for 40+ years and his information comes straight from Texas A&M.

He does have a slow release all nitrogen fertilizer he markets, but he really doesn’t push any one product and cuts through the crap you hear from the sales people at most big box stores and even feed stores.

Here’s his pre-emergent recommendations:

This topic confuses gardeners. Maybe it’s how I present it. This time I’m going to try a slightly different approach. Maybe I can do a better job. Defining “pre-emergent” This ...

Comment

Working...
                                X