Fletching arrows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching arrows

So when using a straight clamp for the Blitzenburger, does it matter what type of feather you use, LW or RW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No

Comment

I use straight rw with right offset at a very very slight right offset

Comment

Thanks bud!

Comment

Do you like the Blitzenburger? I have a JoJan multi fletcher and like it for doing 6 arrows at a time.
          You can use either LW or RW in the blitzenburger, spouse uses one .

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
            Do you like the Blitzenburger? I have a JoJan multi fletcher and like it for doing 6 arrows at a time.
            You can use either LW or RW in the blitzenburger, spouse uses one .
            I like the Bitz... but there ain't nothing blitz about it I have two, both RH. I don't have a JoJan to compare it too... and am kinda jealous when I see guys spit out half a dozen arrows in the time it takes me to do 2. But I often refletch in pairs, or make up half a dozen when there is a 2 hour movie on or some sportscast, so it really isn't that big of a deal.

Comment

The bitz is much more refined and makes a nicer arrow imo

Comment

It's Bitzenburger... I learned this recently there's no "L".

Comment

Never heard of the JoJan. I concur the Bitz is very slow. How long do you guys usually let it sit before removing the clamp? I like to wait atleast 10 minutes....

Comment

I use Fletchtite Platinum glue. I wait 20 minutes to remove the clamps. I have 2 JoJan Multifletchers. I can do a dz arrows from start to finish in under 1.5hrs!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

old school way is if you are right handed use a slight left offset, with your straight fletch.

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                        Never heard of the JoJan. I concur the Bitz is very slow. How long do you guys usually let it sit before removing the clamp? I like to wait atleast 10 minutes....

A few years ago I decided to give Bohning fletch tape a try. I have not used glue since and have never had a fletching come off. One nice thing about it is there is no waiting. You just apply the tape, seat the quill on the shaft and remove the clamp - couple of dots of Superglue at each end and you're done.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                          A few years ago I decided to give Bohning fletch tape a try. I have not used glue since and have never had a fletching come off. One nice thing about it is there is no waiting. You just apply the tape, seat the quill on the shaft and remove the clamp - couple of dots of Superglue at each end and you're done.
                          x2

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            x3. Fletching tape is awesome. My arrows spend plenty of time digging under grass, and scraping through brush and when the feathers are thrashed, the tape is still holding the quill of the feather in place.

Comment

I've got a Jo Jan with 6 clamps, it sure makes fletching go a whole lot faster......

Comment

Working...
                              X