No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Evening of day 3 here. Weather was warm early on its cooled down a bit. Very hazy and dusty. Not much water in small pools.elk are hit or miss on talking. Had a 4 in my pocket I let go and numerous cows. Seen some real nice 6 just couldn't make it work. 3 hunts left hopefully I can seal the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Exhausted after 9 days of emptying house after Harvey. I may go elk hunting just to get some rest.

Comment

We seen a good bull last Wednesday with 3 cows, Friday got up to 40 yds from a spike. I could have shot a bear if I would have gotten my bear tag at 30yds. Uncles missed a good 5x5. Said he had 10 cows all in front of him also. It was hot and they was not doing much where I was at. We headed to south Colorado for a day to check out a place for next year and could not even find a track. Back in Houston now.

Comment

Headed out to unit 81 now. Stopped for a little caffeine in Texline. We will be hunting at about 11k and I hear they are starting to talk pretty good up there. Hope that's true.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
            Headed out to unit 81 now. Stopped for a little caffeine in Texline. We will be hunting at about 11k and I hear they are starting to talk pretty good up there. Hope that's true.

Nice. We are headed to 81 tomorrow morning. Good luck!

Comment

I think half of Texas goes to 81. I hunted it last year lol

Comment

Tagged out in NM! Two solid bulls down near the Gila.. One we called in on a string and the other we spot and stalked. Mine was @ 50 yards and his was at 60. My first bull and his best to date. Could write pages about each one but it's been a long week with about 3 hours sleep each night, so I'm beat! Maybe later lol!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Deers & Beers View Post
                  Tagged out in NM! Two solid bulls down near the Gila.. One we called in on a string and the other we spot and stalked. Mine was @ 50 yards and his was at 60. My first bull and his best to date. Could write pages about each one but it's been a long week with about 3 hours sleep each night, so I'm beat! Maybe later lol!
                  2 awesome bulls. That is a great 1st bull and your buddies is a STUD! Congratulations, I was hoping you would post a picture after seeing your euro request.

Comment

Dang what Gila unit
                    Was that. I saw some big ones in the wilderness but settled for a small 6x on the last day. We were
                    Hunting high and the big bulls we're In the thick stuff

Comment

Thanks guys! We're both super happy and satisfied!

Ya, they weren't where they were supposed to be yet. They were up in some steep nasty country. We went up after them. Was tough coming from sea level but we ground it out We got mine up in the steep stuff near a burn and then towards the middle of our hunt they started finally coming into the rolling junipers where my buddy got his.

Comment

Nice couple of elk deers&beers.

Comment

Thanks guys! We're both super happy and satisfied!

Ya, they weren't where they were supposed to be yet. They were up in some steep nasty country. We went up after them. Was tough coming from sea level but we ground it out We got mine up in the steep stuff near a burn and then towards the middle of our hunt they started finally coming into the rolling junipers where my buddy got his.
                          Nice job! We are headed that way next week!

Comment

There needs to be a rule in this thread to not ask units.

Comment

Awesome bulls guys. I will be so pumped if I can get a bull like either one of those next week. Congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
                                There needs to be a rule in this thread to not ask units.
                                Why? If someone doesn't feel inclined to disclose that then they don't have to. It's certainly not the same as asking a guy for his fishing spots.

Comment

Working...
                                X