• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000 lb+ stand and fill feeders

Originally posted by JDL View Post
    Then off to the powder coater!

JDL,
    Is that the spin tech "inverted" motor design? Their road feeders have the motor on the bottom but this one looks like it's inside the feeder?
    I looked on their site and the only thing I found that was similar was their inverted model?
    Did it come with the housing. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2922.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	24461438

Very interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fishstix; 09-12-2016, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Great looking feeder but what do you do if your motor stops working and you have a lot of corn in the feeder? I assume you would have to dump out all the corn to get to the motor correct? I run 18 feeders(most are 1000#) and I'm replacing a couple of motors every year and I sure would hate to have to dump out 400-1000#s of corn just to replace the motor. Maybe I missing something and you can replace the motor without dumping out all the corn. Other then that, that feeder looks awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
        Great looking feeder but what do you do if your motor stops working and you have a lot of corn in the feeder? I assume you would have to dump out all the corn to get to the motor correct? I run 18 feeders(most are 1000#) and I'm replacing a couple of motors every year and I sure would hate to have to dump out 400-1000#s of corn just to replace the motor. Maybe I missing something and you can replace the motor without dumping out all the corn. Other then that, that feeder looks awesome.

It is advertised that the motor being inside the feeder prolongs the life of the motor. That doesn't answer your question tho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some of those inverted motors come with the directional housing and some do not.

I ordered them from spin tech and the came with it.

The motor slides in through the bottom and is held on with self tapping screws. So if it were to go out you can swap it out without loosing much corn.

Comment

SpinTech Spreaders is known for their patented spinner mechanism that seals shut when off. Our spinner system saves you money and time on refills. The spinner system is leak proof, varmint proof, and won't dribble on bumpy roads. Upgrade with SpinTeh.

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Those are super nice. I need one

Comment

Jdl This is Ron. I live in Rockwall do you have stand and fill feeders for sale 500 lb'ers
                  Text me. 972-822-8378

Comment

Text or pm me if you have some for sale9728228378

Comment

This is probably the best design for a stand & fill I've seen.

Congrats on the great build.

Comment

You did a **** good job. Just curious about the solar panel? I would buy it.

John Brown
                        281-707-4950

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Let old good

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                              Some of those inverted motors come with the directional housing and some do not.

I ordered them from spin tech and the came with it.

The motor slides in through the bottom and is held on with self tapping screws. So if it were to go out you can swap it out without loosing much corn.
                              maybe add some type of slide plate so that if ever had to pull motor you would slide plate to cover the hole so not to lose a lot of corn.

Comment

Nice build! these are def on my list to build.

Comment

Working...
                                X