No announcement yet.

6x7 bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe not so much cheaper as a better board if you rip 2x4s. Hard to find good, straight 2x2 in the pile at places like Home Depot/Lowes.

Comment

6x7 bow blind

Originally posted by Catfish270 View Post
      Maybe not so much cheaper as a better board if you rip 2x4s. Hard to find good, straight 2x2 in the pile at places like Home Depot/Lowes.

For sure. Thanks for the input
      Last edited by Bh_liberty; 02-27-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

My girls started painting the base today while I was at work. Looks like they had fun and did a good job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That young painter looks like an expert
          Good pic

Comment

Originally posted by ReydonPete View Post
            That young painter looks like an expert
            Good pic

Thank you

Comment

Keep the pics coming.

Comment

Nice Brandon! Looking good brother.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Tony. Didn't get anything done this weekend due to nasty weather and lack of motivation. We'll start framing walls next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks real nice

Comment

Looks nice. Are you going to keep the base and the blind separate for weight & transporting?
                      If you are building it as one piece, and lifting, I would probably put 4 more braces on the legs to make an X. That will be a lot of weight up top.

Unless you are using a pre-fab door, or are a really good carpenter (I'm not), I would looking into building your entry door as a trap door through the floor. The last two I did were this way, and they keep bugs out better than a framed plywood door.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                        Looks nice. Are you going to keep the base and the blind separate for weight & transporting?

If you are building it as one piece, and lifting, I would probably put 4 more braces on the legs to make an X. That will be a lot of weight up top.

Unless you are using a pre-fab door, or are a really good carpenter (I'm not), I would looking into building your entry door as a trap door through the floor. The last two I did were this way, and they keep bugs out better than a framed plywood door.

I think I'm doing the walls bolt together so the top will come apart in 5 pieces. I'm also going to be building a porch slash landing and stairs door will be dead center in the back wall. When it's completely assembled if it's needed I'll at the extra braces. Right now it's not necessary. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Awesome I might try this for next season!

Comment

Got some good painters there. Always good to start them young.

Comment

Started the day out with breakfast at bluebonnet Cafe with the girls. Then went and bought the lumber this morning, gambled on the weather and lost. Picked up 25 2x2x8's. It started sprinkling right when we got home and hasn't stopped. Been parked in my chair every sense. Maybe tommorrow

Comment

Watching, have to build one for a lease I just got on.

Comment

Working...
                                X