Fort Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J-Raz View Post
    Finally put enough dirt under my shoes that I came across some hogs during the day today. Wish I would have had my shotgun. Got my adrenaline going a bit when the big boar stopped, looked at me and snorted. Dont think my pocket knife would have won that battle!
    Glad you seen something. I plan on putting a lot of dirt under my shoes when I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Raz View Post
      I don't like that snort so much when im unarmed. LOL

Anyone know who Mellis is?

That snort is just a general warning telling and piggies in the area to get out of Dodge. Don't know what they do if they decide to come after you. Never had one do it. Kind of like what people should do, don't waste anytime talking, just shoot.

Comment

Ahhh, life is good. Live in Chinese chef just whipped up a batch of gar steaks, cole slaw, sweet and sour cucumbers with some fresh baked pecan pie for desert. Gonna chow down, put some Jim Ed Brown on the Bose (old fart music), Have a couple Shiner Kosmos Reserve's and tell her what a good cook she is

Gar is good ... just like halibut. Good smoked too. Skin em, don't even try to fillet em.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTechGuardian View Post
          I work with the mobilizing AR & NG that MOB here at Hood. When you are in the dome where personnel and finance are I sit along the the large window at the back of the dome.

Tell Mr McMurtrie I said hi...he was my Battalion CSM back in 1999

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post
            Ahhh, life is good. Live in Chinese chef just whipped up a batch of gar steaks, cole slaw, sweet and sour cucumbers with some fresh baked pecan pie for desert. Gonna chow down, put some Jim Ed Brown on the Bose (old fart music), Have a couple Shiner Kosmos Reserve's and tell her what a good cook she is

Gar is good ... just like halibut. Good smoked too. Skin em, don't even try to fillet em.
            That's what I heard, never tried it...we did try the Buffalo fish though...BIG mistake!!...I think we would have been better digging scraps out of a dumpster in downtown Killeen

Comment

Originally posted by EdO View Post

Might have to get with you on this..... I got a bow fishing trip coming up this summer for gar, i wondered what to do with them.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                Might have to get with you on this..... I got a bow fishing trip coming up this summer for gar, i wondered what to do with them.
                Who are you going through?? Marty @ Garquest is top notch..and a retired Soldier...

Comment

I had gar before and it is really white meat with no fishy taste. If I remember correctly, don't they have like a sinew running up and down along the filet. Im pretty sure the meat was real flakey and we rolled it into balls and fried. Of course this was on a four foot gar I caught about 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jbitt4x4 View Post
                    Who are you going through?? Marty @ Garquest is top notch..and a retired Soldier...
                    A fellow TBHer hooked me up with a package he got at a fund raiser, he said he wasn't gonna use it, and said if I was interested, I could have it. Going thru Bowfishing Addiction.

Gonna try to talk the wife into going to video the fun. Should be interesting.

Comment

Me and my dad have been going out and catching a mess of whits and Hybreds
                      Ive done soem resurch on smoking some fish. Yall watch out if it turns out like my Jerky im going to get fat..
                      Good luck to all
                      FLIP.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                        A fellow TBHer hooked me up with a package he got at a fund raiser, he said he wasn't gonna use it, and said if I was interested, I could have it. Going thru Bowfishing Addiction.

Gonna try to talk the wife into going to video the fun. Should be interesting.
                        Just a heads up...it's very addicting...it's like the crack of archery

Comment

MEllis is me

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                            MEllis is me
                            Feeder name, LMAO

Comment

Originally posted by fthoodhoghunter View Post
                              MEllis is me
                              I think I met you at the sportsman center when i was first getting my permit. Anyways, I was walking 105 and came across your stand and your feeder fell and busted in half. The motor busted off so I put it closer to the tree so a cow didnt crush it. Just thought i would let you know.

Comment

**** cows thanks though might have to make it out there soon and grab that stuff.Thank god I have plenty of timers

Comment

Working...
                                X