• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goin to check tc tomorrow hopefully get some pics this time

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter2009 View Post
      Anybody know who this belongs to?
      Not sure who's that is either, but that tree in the backgroud sure looks tasty for a tree stand.

Too bad you would sticking out like a sore thumb with no limbs for cover.

Comment

Anybody know who this belongs to?

I know him. He hunts the weekends and says he was pushed for time setting up. He is not on TBH and did not scout the area too well. I can help him move it this weekend if that is ok. Are you on weekends as well?

Comment

PM sent Buckrunner

Comment

Hope all is well and everyone has success hunting Lake Georgetown. I know there are some huge deer out there, but getting one is another story. Be safe and respectful to others. I think that is all anyone is getting at.

TXFireFighter-we are good. Finally got settled and back into a routine. Found some land that we would like to buy, so hopefully we will get on that here pretty soon. How is the baby and momma? Hope all is well. Holler at me sometime.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply. Just trying to figure out who my neighbor is, weather he's hunting weekdays or weekends, and if he new he was set up near someone. No blind or stand, just a feeder hanging all by itself. Wasn't there last time I went through that area.

I would not worry about it. Just remember most people stop hunting before the hunting even gets good out there. Most people hunt the first few weekends and thats it.

I set up a couple years ago early...on opening day I went out and heard 6 or 7 feeders go off LOL... After the first 2 I was mad..after 3 and 4 I was thinking ***? after 5,6, and 7 I gave up LOL...

Just 1 I would not worry about though...not until you see them hunting when you are..then you can talk to them.

I just go in by boat now..

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                I would not worry about it. Just remember most people stop hunting before the hunting even gets good out there. Most people hunt the first few weekends and thats it.

I set up a couple years ago early...on opening day I went out and heard 6 or 7 feeders go off LOL... After the first 2 I was mad..after 3 and 4 I was thinking ***? after 5,6, and 7 I gave up LOL...

Just 1 I would not worry about though...not until you see them hunting when you are..then you can talk to them.

I just go in by boat now..
                I went in by boat. I'm not really concerned about him being there, I just wanted to let him know I was there, in case he's not aware. I know exactly what ya mean about people taking the best part of season off. Every year, its packed for 2 or 3 weekends then it seems like you've got the whole place to yourself. Not a problem with me!

Comment

went out today and checked trail cam me and paintman should be dragging out at least a doe that monday night!!

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowman91 View Post
                    went out today and checked trail cam me and paintman should be dragging out at least a doe that monday night!!
                    Well thats good news let us know how it goes

Comment

More Cold Fronts On The Way Awesome

Comment

If anyone gets tired of shooting does I'd be willing to swap stands at some point. Last year i only saw a couple does and the rest were all bucks. 6,8 and 10 points. Two of them were legal but not big enough for me to want to shoot. I'd prefer a place with lots of doe...more action that way.

Or just tell me where all the doe hang out LOL... and I'll PM you where the bucks are.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                          ...I'd prefer a place with lots of doe...more action that way....
                          Exactly! I have yet to find a recipe that make those horns taste good, but I do have a few empty spots on my wall.....just in case!

Comment

^^
                            I may just take you up on that. All I've been getting is does so far and a little six point, but I also agree that more action is fun sometimes. Plus if the does are around, the bucks will soon make an appearance come rut'n time.

Comment

I'm going tonight to check my stand/feeder. And to see if they actually cut that new trail in right next to my set up LOL.

Comment

Got does and spikes under my feeder.haven't seen any shooter bucks

Comment

Working...
                                X